Behind Enemy Lines appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael Silla, Dec 7, 2002.

1. Michael Silla

Michael Silla Second Unit

Yah, it's kinda late to be heaping praise on this movie but up until I got the recent Fox demo DVD I have been avoiding a rent, nevermind a purchase.

Thanks to Blockbusters new unlimited rental program I decided to "take a chance" on this puppy. Freak! - What a great movie. I had this movie labelled as a "stinker" from it's release in theaters. I didn't think there was any way that Owen Wilson could carry this film. Boy I was wrong! The movie followed the typical formula but it ended up being exciting nonetheless.

The SAM missle sequence is worth a purchase on it's own. This movie has awesome Video and Audio throughout. What I couldn't beleive is that a search on this movie didn't bring up any sort of review or appreciation type thread. I can't be the only one who enjoyed this movie.....

Michael.

2. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

3. Michael Silla

Michael Silla Second Unit

Thanks Kyle,

Michael

4. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

No problem Michael. I've had the same problem you did. When I searched for Behind Enemy Lines, followed by "Behind Enemy Lines," followed by the layout of the topic for HTF reviews, it wouldn't pull up the review. This has always seemed to be a problem for me. I just remember reading the review before I bought the DVD (which I've watched probably five times), so I ended up searching for Enemy and came up with it.

5. Leif Wall

Leif Wall Second Unit

I actually just finished watching it 10 minutes ago! First time viewing it on my 53" widescreen. The video transfer kicked serious ass! Or at least to my untrained eye it did.

6. Brent_H

Brent_H Second Unit

i havent watched it yet on my 53" Panasonic.....but I am excited to! I think Owen Wilson is very underrated and I loved him in this role.

7. Brian-W

Brian-W Screenwriter

It's even more appreciable on D-VHS D-Theater