What's new

Beginner question - Need device for multi analog AV in to digital out (1 Viewer)

Eds89

Auditioning
Real Name
James
Hi All,

First time posting, as I am after a bit of advice.

I have just picked up a new LG 4K TV, and a Denon AVRX520BT receiver.
The TV has 3x HDMI in and 1x Component in. The Denon has 5x HDMI in and a couple of composite in with 1x composite out.

I have a lot of older consoles that I would like to keep in my media unit, but currently have no way to connect them (my old Samsung 1080p TV had 4x HDMI, 1x Component, 2x Scart, 1x PC D-SUB and 2x Composite).

Does anyone know of a device that incorporates multiple AV inputs such as composite and scart, as well as an ADC that can convert to digital and output to HDMI?
I am not sure such a device exists, and that my only solution would be to come up with some frankenstein setup that has an analog AV switcher, connected to a separate analog to digital convert and connect it to my receiver.

Many thanks for any advice you may have.

Eds

Eds89

Auditioning
Real Name
James
Well, looks like my LG TV does in fact have 1x AV composite input, which is combined with the component inputs.

My plan is, get a cheap component switcher to connect to the TV, connect two composite devices to it, then connect a second switcher with my 3 component devices.

Bit of a mess and I am sure I could have found a 5 device component switcher, but this works out cheaper I would think as I already have a component switcher with 3 ports.

Eds89

Auditioning
Real Name
James
Many thanks.

I was looking for something with more inputs and a switching ability.
I'm not too fussed about upscaling either, which obviously this is doing as an active converter.

The associated cost make it a bit prohibitive.
I ended up just going for a stacked passive component switch, which meets my needs.

Many thanks
Eds

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks