Beginner needs help.....

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by ShannonKC, Dec 28, 2004.

1. ShannonKC

ShannonKC Auditioning

This is what I have:

-Zenith 27" TV
    -Time Warner cable, with Scientific Atlanta Cable box (has cable in/out, tv & vcr out and one aux in)
    -Phillips DVD Player
    -RCA RT2380BK 400 Watt Home Theater System.

At the time I tried hooking the DVD player up to the receiver and the receiver up to the cable box, but that's not working. Any suggestions on how to get this to all work together? My cable box comes with one of those 5 device remotes (aux,dvd,audio,tv,cable). Will I have to disconnect the cable input from the back of my tv to get everything else to work.

Also, before I got the cable, I had the home theater system hooked up and it only worked with the DVD player. When I was watching regular tv with an antenna, the home theater system wouldn't work. What was up with that?

Thanks a lot and let me know if you need more info.

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Shannon, the receiver in that RCA HTiB should work fine with the TV's audio outputs. I take it that you connected the Zenith's audio-out to the receiver's audio-in for the TV?

3. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Shannon,

Like Jack mentioned, you would have to have the TV’s audio out jacks connected to the system.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

4. ShannonKC

ShannonKC Auditioning

I assume so, but I don't remember off the top of my head right now (I'm at work).

Thanks for your help and you too Wayne. I'll try this when I get home and get back to you. Thanks again.