What's new

Before Sun Rise (1 Viewer)

Tony Ly

Auditioning
This movie is one of two favourites; the other is called " When Harry Met Sally" Any other comments are welcomed.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Well, I love "When Harry met Sally", but "Before sunrise" is IMO just a bunch of talking, talking, talking and more talking from two not very interesting characters.

/Mike

Tony Ly

Auditioning
Talking, talking and more talking is what we do everyday; but don't you think their conversations are interesting and honest. (just a thougth). TonyLy

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I don't know about you...but I would LOVE to have Julie Delpy talk to me for an hour and a half.

Bruce

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was a great film.

Interesting characters with extemely interesting dialog.

It's refreshing to see 2 people connect in a film.

Brian O

Second Unit
I just saw this for the first time on a late night movie channel. Great flick. I bought into it hook, line, and sinker. I thought the writing to be quite unique and thoughtful. This movie got under my radar apparently. I had no clue about it. I will have to pick this one up on DVD.

I just noticed that someone on HTF mentioned a reference to the two main characters in this movie to be in Linklater's Waking Life. If so, how are they used in his Waking Life? I havent seen that one yet. Not sure if I will anytime soon, but I am interested in the rehashing of the Before Sunrise characters.

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
Brian,

In Waking Life the two characters are in bed and carrying on a conversation similar to the ones they have in Before Sunrise.

I think Before Sunrise is a supremely underrated film. I understand why some think Linklater's films are talky, pretentious snorefests, but I find Before Sunrise to be so captivating that I don't see how anyone could find it boring.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Well, I love "When Harry met Sally", but "Before sunrise" is IMO just a bunch of talking, talking, talking and more talking from two not very interesting characters.
Taste is a funny thing - I despise "When Harry Met Sally", but I think "Before Sunrise" is great!

"Harry" is just bogus sentimental yuppie crap - like "The Story of Us", "About Last Night", and just about anything by Nora Ephron - fake, cutesy, and insipid. Induces gagging.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks