Beetlejuice 25th Anniversary Edition?

darkrock17

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Might be a bit early here, but you know how studios are these days, but does anyone have any insider info if WB is planning on a 25th Anniversary? Beetlejuice turns 25 in March/April, but knowing WB it would be released in October to coincide with Halloween.

Tommy R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tommy
I sure as heck hope so! It shock's me there are literally NO special features on the previous blu-ray/DVD release, unless you count a couple sample episodes of the old animated series.

darkrock17

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew McClure
It's September now and still nothing, I think since WB dosen't really care about this title, that it should be released through another studio like Shout Factory since they now have the 1989 animated series, Criterion, or even Universal since they already have Beetlejuice's Rock and Roll Graveyard Revue at Flordia.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
I`d love to see a 25th editionof this title with bonus features; Michael Keaton has stated several times he`d love to revisit the character. I`m sure he`d love to do a commentary or interviews.

darkrock17

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Something tells me the only way of see a Special Edition/Collector's Edition of this movie is when and if the sequel is EVER made.

ahollis

Premium
Real Name
Allen
darkrock17 said:
It's September now and still nothing, I think since WB dosen't really care about this title, that it should be released through another studio like Shout Factory since they now have the 1989 animated series, Criterion, or even Universal since they already have Beetlejuice's Rock and Roll Graveyard Revue at Flordia.
Not going to happen. It is Warner we are talking about.

darkrock17

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew McClure
I think WB has just about done Oz to death to the point where I'm sick of it, and that's really saying something as I'm a massive fan of Oz.

darkrock17

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew McClure
With all the recent talk about Beetlejuice 2 lately, which may or may not be Tim's next movie, is this a possible reason why WB has postponed the 25/26th Anniversary for sometime later next year?

darkrock17

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew McClure
I thought I'd resurrect this this thread again, seeing as today the film is now 30 and is still without a special edition release.

In the 5 years since making this, there's been a lot of talk about Beetlejuice, mostly on the possible sequel news to just two days a go that there's going to be a musical about it later on this October here in my neck of the woods in Washington D.C.

All of this is fun news for us fans, but it's still not the news of an overdue special edition though. I said this on another site that when it comes to this movie, WB seems to have their priorities mixed up. At this rate if we were to see something from WB would it be through Warner Archive or would this be the perfect chance from Shout/Scream Factory or Criterion to swoop in and give the fans what we've been wanting for, for so long?

RJ992

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joel
Same is true of that Bill & Ted sequel. And then there's King Conan!

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ab1979