What's new

Beetlejuice 2....Michael Keaton wants it.... (1 Viewer)

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Great idea! ANOTHER movie I could watch and have no idea what the heck Michael Keaton is saying!

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
I'd love it! It was one of the most offbeat, fun, and original movies of the 1990s. The only problem I can foresee is that Tim Burton is on record saying that he does not like making sequels, (fallout from the Batman movies?) and I don't see it working without his quirky input. Burton has a unique touch that I really can't see anyone else using, and it is this touch that made the original work so well. Hopefully, Michael's real life friendship with Burton would convince him to try it.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Keaton knows Burton won't direct it, so that's why Keaton wants Burton to produce it.

Dark Horizons has a link to a recent Keaton interview wherein he talks about wanting to do Beetlejuice 2.

~T

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Won't happen - much much much too long after the original.

If Burton were behind it, had a story he really wanted to tell with Beetlejuice, I would be all in favour of it. However, he's not. It's the lead actor, wanting to return to one of his best and most popular roles, like Jason suggested, for a career boost. Not the best circumstances for making a film that can live up to the original.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
I think they're misquoting him and his intentions. He's just reflecting on how much he enjoyed making that movie and would go back and do it again in a heartbeat. He doesn't say anything in that quote about wanting to do a sequal, rather "another Beetlejuice" which, to me, reads that he wants to do another movie like it, rather than BJ2. He sounds more whistful about the old days, when he had a career, than anything :)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I have the script for "Beetlejuice Goes Hawaiian"-- TRUST ME, you don't want them to make another Beetlejuice movie.

-V

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
He's got a new thriller opening soon, and unless he has Billy Joel's accountant, he should have plenty of money stashed away.

I dig Keaton.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
He was on with Katie Couric this morning. He says he well off enough that he can be picky with his roles. And at the end of the interview he said something that made Katie say that it sounded like Beetlejuice. She said she loved that movie. He responded by saying he did to and would love to do it again.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
its a cheap way to make money on an established movie

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks