What's new

Beer, it's good for you. (1 Viewer)

Frank_S

Supporting Actor
"So, this is a call to arms. As our country is losing its technological edge we should not shudder in our homes. Get back into the bars! Quaff that pint! Your company and country need you to be at your peak, and you shouldn't deny yourself the career that you could have. Take life by the bottle and be all that you can be! So, have fun tonight getting drunk.
Jody, I'm totally motivated, where can I sign up?
We could call ourselves, "The HTF Lager Brigade" :D

Jody C Robins

Stunt Coordinator
Frank_S
Contact your local bar-keep:D
Lately, I've had a thing for IPA's, esp McEwens. Mmmmmm.
One beer I've had a few times lately (that I'm not so sure is good for you) is Le Fin de Monde (the end of the world). It's made in Canada and is brewed like a Beligian Tripple. It's mighty tasty, but watch out - it's 9% alcohol (that's 2 Bud Lights for you rookies).

Bhagi Katbamna

Supporting Actor
The effect of wine may be due to chemicals in the skin of the grape rather than the alcohol itself as drinking grape juice also provides a similar benefit.
I drink 64 ounces of beer a nite. On weekends it goes up to 96 ounces.
That is about enough to cause chronic liver diseas and/or chronic pancreatitis. It is enough to cause irreversible liver disease in 10 years if the person is so predisposed(30% of people who drink that amount will have irreversible liver disease in 10 years). The benefit of wine is maxed out at 2 glasses/day.
Below is a reference
Comparison of antioxidant potentials of red wine, white wine, grape juice and alcohol.
Curr Med Res Opin 1999;15(4):316-20
Antioxidant potential (AOP) and non-enzymatic superoxide radical scavenger activity (NSSA) values of red wine, white wine, grape juice and ethyl alcohol were assessed and values were compared. The effects of these beverages on serum AOP and NSSA values were also measured in vitro. Red wine, white wine and grape juice exert strong antioxidant activity in similar degrees and all produce significant effects on serum AOP and NSSA values. However, ethyl alcohol does not have either AOP or NSSA, nor does it have an effect on serum AOP or NSSA values. AOP values (nmol/ml h) of red wine, white wine and grape juice were 20.8 +/- 4.2, 23.2 +/- 4.0 and 24.6 +/- 4.8, respectively. NSSA values (U/ml) of red wine, white wine and grape juice were 30.4 +/- 6.8, 26.8 +/- 5.6 and 32.6 +/- 5.8, respectively. There were no statistically meaningful differences between AOP and NSSA values of the groups (p > 0.05 for all). Results suggest that red wine, white wine and grape juice all have high antioxidant potential to protect cellular structures against peroxidation reaction owing to their rich phenolic contents.(emphasis added)

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
I suppose that's actual beer and not these fruity micro-wannabe's? These orange/cranberry/grape beers can't be good for ya. :D Ever heard of the Reinheitsgebot? It's a German beer purity law instituted in 1516 that calls for beer to be brewed of only three essential ingredients: barley, hops, and water. There's something to be learned from this. ;)

Jenna

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeanette Howard
On average, I drink 64 ounces of beer a nite. On weekends it goes up to 96 ounces. Since I turned 18 back in '86, I just haven't been able to get enough of it.
I'll keep an eye out for your name on the Liver Transplant List. :eek:

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
beer1.jpg

beer2.jpg

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Great one Frank. :D
All I know is I don't need an article to tell me beer is good for you. Everytime I have beer, I feel good. :)
I think I will toast a Goose Island and a Bass Ale to Ron-P and the Europeans that did the world a favor by doing very, very, very, very important research. :)
-Dean-

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I'll raise my glass of Widmer Brothers Hefeweizen to that, cheers Dean
smiley_beertoast.gif

Peace Out~:D

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Fosters, Australian for medicine! :D
Actually I'm a bit more of a red wine drinker or gin and tonic, but Fosters draft, a Corona, or a nice Hefeweizen is always great.
(while I can enjoy a Fosters oil can, it's nowhere near as good as the draft version)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Stone Imperial Russian Stout
I've had this before. Very good, but even a bit strong for me. It has almost a vodka type taste to it with that hard alcohol character. Interesting stout, not one I drink often.
Peace Out~:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jreich
Recent bookmarks