What's new

Been to the Nissan Pavilion outside DC? I have a question for you. (1 Viewer)

Lee L

Supporting Actor
My wife and I , and some friends are going to the Nissan Pavilion for the Buffett concert this Sat. The website for the Nissan PAvilion says that no grills are allowed. Anyone who has been to a Buffett show knows this would be a major downer. I called and the lady at the Nissan Pavilion office said it is a state law and enforeced by the poilce. Has anyone gone there and cooked out before?

Of course they open the regular lots at 3:00 and have the Premier parking for $20 open at noon. I just wonder what they expect people to do for 8 hours since you can;t grill and can't drink (although that is never been enforced)

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
I brought a grill for JB at Nissan few years back, but things have probably changed... what a bummer. Nissan is huge ! We were on the lawn and needed binoculars just to see the TV screen, much less the stage !

Have fun ! I tried to cop tickets to tonight's show at Merriweather Post, but got shut out.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
edit- ok I see what you're doing now. :) The parking lots are really tightly packed in but security is tight too. I guess you could try taking a smaller George Foreman type grill and keep it out of sight if you keep the operation in the back of your car.

Lee L

Supporting Actor
FYI, the grill was no problem, just as I had hoped. Like every Buffett show, everyone had them and was drinking alcohol (also "banned") as well. We did see a guy get arrested a few cars over after talking with the cops for 20 minutes or so, he might have been underage, who knows. As long as you were cool, the cops and security left you alone. We had a good time at the show, Jimmy is doing some different stuff this year with a 4 or 5 accoustic songs thrown in. The only downer was that someone stole a couple of magnetic car signs at the show and my wife's vanity license plate, we think at the Fair Lakes Hyatt parking lot, so it will cost us to get another one. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised that someone at a Buffett show stole a plate that saud "RTAVILLE" but it seems like people used to be a little more mellow at Buffett shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks