What's new

Been away for a few months and need a new DVD player.... (1 Viewer)

Joe Koenig

Grip
Well, the mistake that was the purchase a Samsung DVD player finally ended yesterday when my DVD-611 - one of the worst purchases of my life - finally decided it was not going to read any DVDs anymore. I'm quite happy to see it pass and now am looking to purchase something a bit more reliable.

Back when I was heavily researching HT - around July of last year - the Panasonic RV31 was regarded as the best player in the sub-$200 price range. Has anything come out in the past six months or so to rival it or is it still more or less the best buy for that price range.

Joe Koenig

Grip
Absolutely no need for progressive. Being that I am going to college next year and will be in dorms for two years, it is still 30 months before I move out in my own and that is the absolute soonest I will get a new TV to replace my Sharp 25" that is in my bedroom now.

I'm obviously more into my audio much more than my video. My system is composed of PSB Image 2B fronts, Image 8C center, and Alpha A/V rears - along with an SAWM40 and a Denon 1601 receivver.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks