1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Bedroom Theater Progressing....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JoshBlevins, Aug 31, 2001.

1. JoshBlevins

JoshBlevins Auditioning

My little bedroom theater is progressing.
    I purchased five nOrh 4.0s for a package price of $850. I have also acquired an SVS 20-39 CS for $480. I auditioned the nOrhs and they very good to my novice ears. The SVS I bought on blind faith and am more than happy that I did so.
    Everything else is left. Budgeting around $3000 for the remaining setup (projector, screen, DVD, receiver, and CD changer). Cables and wiring will be extra.
    How should I proceed?
    Thanks for your replies.
    Josh

2. AaronNWilson

AaronNWilson Second Unit

Hmm I'm not sure if you can get a halfway decent projector for under $3000. Does anybody else know of one?
    Aaron

3. Jeffrey Forner

Jeffrey Forner Screenwriter

I would get a receiver next. You've got the speakers and the sub, but they won't truly come alive until you get a decent receiver.
    However, I agree with Aaron. $3,000 will not get you all that you want. I have a rear projection TV on the way and that alone cost me $1,900. That would leave you only $1,000 for the receiver and DVD player, and those are definitely not items you want to go cheap on.
    ------------------
    -J.Fo
    "And you can tell Rolling Stone magazine that my last words were... 'I'm on drugs!'"