Bedroom Theater Progressing....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JoshBlevins, Aug 31, 2001.

1. JoshBlevins

JoshBlevins Auditioning

My little bedroom theater is progressing.
    I purchased five nOrh 4.0s for a package price of $850. I have also acquired an SVS 20-39 CS for $480. I auditioned the nOrhs and they very good to my novice ears. The SVS I bought on blind faith and am more than happy that I did so.
    Everything else is left. Budgeting around $3000 for the remaining setup (projector, screen, DVD, receiver, and CD changer). Cables and wiring will be extra.
    How should I proceed?
    Thanks for your replies.
    Josh

2. AaronNWilson

AaronNWilson Second Unit

Hmm I'm not sure if you can get a halfway decent projector for under $3000. Does anybody else know of one?
    Aaron

3. Jeffrey Forner

Jeffrey Forner Screenwriter

I would get a receiver next. You've got the speakers and the sub, but they won't truly come alive until you get a decent receiver.
    However, I agree with Aaron. $3,000 will not get you all that you want. I have a rear projection TV on the way and that alone cost me $1,900. That would leave you only $1,000 for the receiver and DVD player, and those are definitely not items you want to go cheap on.
    ------------------
    -J.Fo
    "And you can tell Rolling Stone magazine that my last words were... 'I'm on drugs!'"