What's new

Bedknobs & Broomsticks (1971) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
FoxyMulder said:
They keep messing up releases, i see no reason why Pocahontas as one example can't have both cuts of the film using seamless branching, many of their animated titles get the de-grained treatment too, they keep dropping extra content, i'm more than a little dismayed with Disney.
It broke my heart that "If I Never Knew You" wasn't branched into the Blu-ray.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
When I called Disney nearly two years ago to protest the absence of seamless branching options, they told me they had an "original theatrical cuts only" policy. I wrote an open letter asking them to change this policy. They didn't listen.

There are other outlets besides HTF on which protests can be made. Send Twitter messages to @Disneypictures. Write letters to film columnists and/or Disney bloggers. And call and write letters to the studio. The mailing address is still 500 S. Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521. If you actually get the disc, send it back and ask for a refund.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
I think I'll express my views towards Disney in an open letter on YouTube, it's going to have very strong lanuage let's just say.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
MatthewA said:
When I called Disney nearly two years ago to protest the absence of seamless branching options, they told me they had an "original theatrical cuts only" policy. I wrote an open letter asking them to change this policy. They didn't listen.
Then they better stay consistent and do the same for the Star Wars. ;)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
And those of you with the ability to vote and write reviews on Amazon.com I believe it's time to start doing so.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Colin Jacobson said:
In case anyone was still hoping the Blu-ray would include the longer cut, give up! I have it and it's 117 minutes.
Colin, are the deleted scenes (in the bonus features section) in HD? I'm only asking because some tech-savvy people might actually attempt to rip the Blu-ray to their computer and reassemble the long version in HD. :)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
They're in HD but they're not all there, and little bits and pieces would have to be gotten from the DVD or iTunes. Where else are you going to get the restoration credits? Still, I refuse to give them my money under any circumstances. This travesty of a disc will never, ever be allowed in my house. I will not be a party to the desecration of a masterpiece, and I will be satisfied with nothing less than a recall.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
MatthewA said:
When I called Disney nearly two years ago to protest the absence of seamless branching options, they told me they had an "original theatrical cuts only" policy.
Apparently Fantasia is an exception to that rule... Why not also make an exception for Bedknobs & Broomsticks?

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I don't know. It has nothing to do with Angela Lansbury, as Beauty and the Beast was another exception to the rule.But we should not have to clean up Disney's messes for them.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
I've removed this disc from my various wish-lists, along with a few other Disney titles I no longer have a desire to buy (the DVDs will more than suffice). It's going to take a super-duper special disc from Disney to get me to open my wallet again. Try, Disney - try really hard. Pretend it's 2001-2004 again.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Mark-P said:
Colin, are the deleted scenes (in the bonus features section) in HD? I'm only asking because some tech-savvy people might actually attempt to rip the Blu-ray to their computer and reassemble the long version in HD. :)
Yeah, they're HD and I thought they looked pretty good - as does the movie itself. For the 12 or so people actually willing to own this BD, I think they'll be pleased with the quality...

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
I've said it before earlier in this thread but it bears repeating and elaborating: I have no interest in ever seeing much less owning the 117 minute cut of BEDKNOBS AND BROOMSTICKS ever again. I had the 117 minute cut on an old laserdisc which was superseded by the later restored laserdisc and the subsequent DVDs. Given that my Oppo Bluray player upscales quite nicely, I can emphatically state that I'm done with collecting this title unless and until they offer the complete version in Hi Definition.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
They should call this disc "Bedknobs or Broomsticks."

While we're at it, why don't we go back to the short versions of Lawrence of Arabia, A Star is Born, and Spartacus. And why don't the studios just take existing films that have never been treated this way and cut 20 minutes out of them, since shorter always equals better in their minds. Character motivation be damned! How about they release a two-hour Gone with the Wind.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Reminds me of an Amazon review from some time back, which got me really riled up, complaining that the 1959 George Stevens film of "The Diary of Anne Frank" was too long. The review, as I recall, was written by a home-schooling teacher...

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
classicmovieguy said:
Reminds me of an Amazon review from some time back, which got me really riled up, complaining that the 1959 George Stevens film of "The Diary of Anne Frank" was too long. The review, as I recall, was written by a home-schooling teacher...
Why do people have such a bias against anything more than 2 hours long?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks