What's new

Bedknobs And Broomsticks 50th Anniversary? (1 Viewer)

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
Just got around to watching the Blu-ray, and it seemed very obvious what had been cut.
1) Some mention of the kids being orphans. This is such an odd omission, since later the hope is expressed that Emelius will be their father.
2) More Roddy McDowall. He's third billed, but only has two short scenes!
3) More chances for Angela to strut her stuff.
And there they all were, in the deleted songs and scenes.
1) Yup, they're orphans!
2) A little more Roddy, but not much. One wonders if there was still more when he signed his contract!
3) "A Step in the Right Direction" is pretty sub-par lyric writing ... pretty the same line repeated over and over ...but it does give Angela a lively dance solo, or so I assume, since it appears that footage is gone for good. "Nobody's Problems" is a nice bit of character writing. And the extra dancing in "Eglantine" is a treat.
The big surprise for me is that this is really David Tomlinson's movie. He has a lot more to do than Angela, who often seems to be relegated to standing with the three kids and reacting. And I'm sure not all would agree, but the movie seems to me to be quite disjointed. Lots of magic and a delightful animated section, and then Bam! Here come the Germans, who aren't really planning to do much but put a little scare in people
and then head home. Not the most exciting of climaxes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks