What's new

Bedknobs And Broomsticks 50th Anniversary? (1 Viewer)

MatthewA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Not quite. Those monkeys didn't have frazzled hair, but that same pencil-heavy style was the default for everything from One Hundred and One Dalmatians until The Rescuers:

113547.jpg

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Not quite. Those monkeys didn't have frazzled hair, but that same pencil-heavy style was the default for everything from One Hundred and One Dalmatians until The Rescuers:

113547.jpg
That trumpet monkey looks a lot like Flunkey the fan monkey, just rotoscoped and with some enhancements.
1611030964902.png

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
This was the era of recycled animation. Robin Hood and the Aristocats are both full of it.
I know that, it started with The Jungle Book and continued to do that all the way through to The Fox And The Hound. I don't think The Black Caldron, The Great Mouse Detective, or Oliver & Company recycled anything previously.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I know that, it started with The Jungle Book and continued to do that all the way through to The Fox And The Hound. I don't think The Black Caldron, The Great Mouse Detective, or Oliver & Company recycled anything previously.
If they recycled anything, it *might've* been character models.

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
It's possible, I think The Black Caldron did reuse some backgrounds from The Sword In The Stone and Robin Hood.

I don’t recall The Black Cauldron reusing any backgrounds (would the backgrounds from the two films mentioned have even been compatible for Technirama), but it does reuse some animation from Sword in the Stone for the scene where Taran loses Hen Wen.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
I don’t recall The Black Cauldron reusing any backgrounds (would the backgrounds from the two films mentioned have even been compatible for Technirama), but it does reuse some animation from Sword in the Stone for the scene where Taran loses Hen Wen.
The woods were Merlin lived and Sir Hector's castle look like they'd fit into that time period. I haven't seen The Black Caldron all the way through, only bits here and there.

MatthewA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Disney started reusing animation at least as far back as the animated short Goliath II in 1960. Very obvious reuse of shots from "Baby Mine" in Dumbo. So it all started before Walt died.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Even the masterpiece Beauty and the Beast did it. They were running short of time to get the movie into theaters, so the final waltz between Beauty and her Prince was lifted from Sleeping Beauty's final waltz in the clouds. I recognized it the second I saw Beauty and the Beast on the big screen.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Even the masterpiece Beauty and the Beast did it. They were running short of time to get the movie into theaters, so the final waltz between Beauty and her Prince was lifted from Sleeping Beauty's final waltz in the clouds. I recognized it the second I saw Beauty and the Beast on the big screen.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
If they had, it would have turned up in one of the YouTube compilations by now.
I've seen a few of those. With Bedknobs, Disney animation team must of really gave it their all to not have to reuse any previous animation to save on film's budget.

MatthewA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
There were only 22 minutes of animation, the exact same amount as the two hybrids before and after it.

When they cut the film down to two hours, they spared both that and every VFX shot except a false start of the bed the first time it takes off.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
There were only 22 minutes of animation, the exact same amount as the two hybrids before and after it.

When they cut the film down to two hours, they spared both that and every VFX shot except a false start of the bed the first time it takes off.
Are you referring to Pete's Dragon as we saw Elliot throughout the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
problemwithstory
Recent bookmarks