What's new

Bedini Dual-Beam Ultraclarifier! Is this a joke? (1 Viewer)

Guy Kuo

Supporting Actor
If the clarifying "beams" could be built into the disc transport mechanism one could get maximal benefit since there would be very little time for the effect to dissipate before the disc goes under the laser again. The beams could also be active during the entire time the disc was spinning in the transport. I'm certain some companies are already vying to license the Bedini marketing technology for use with their transports.

RicP

Screenwriter
I'm certain some companies are already vying to license the Bedini marketing technology for use with their transports
That is of course unless Bedini's "technology" is a load of bovine residue and the manufacturers know this. If they licensed this "technology" to use in their transports, they may be opening themselves up for backlash from consumers who would then demand absolute proof of this new "feature". :)

Ryan Spaight

Supporting Actor
I checked out the Bedini web site (http://www.bedini.com) and they indeed claim that using this on Photo CDs will make the pictures look better:
The home theater enthusiast and audiophile alike can now truly experience the reality of the recorded media on the DVD, Compact Disc, Multimedia CD-ROMs and Photo CDs. With the use of the new DUAL BEAM Ultra Clarifier all pictures will be brighter and sharper, audio is crisper and cleaner.
That is so wrong in so many ways I don't know where to begin.
Ryan

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Ric, I do think you're on to something there.

To my mind, it has become increasingly difficult for the consumer in general to make informed and effective choices. It becomes an onerous task when legitimate businesses and publications allow products and services of dubious or perhaps more accurately of a fraudulent nature to permeate.

Pharmacies include among their proven offerings of pain and cold remedies, homeopathic preparations in order to boost profits and cater to those who either don't know any better.

Hospitals permit 'healers' to enter their facilities and 'treat' patients by waving their hands in a deliberate and knowing manner in order to stimulate an 'aura' that only they can supposedly detect and manipulate.

Infomercials prey upon people's fear of electromagnetic radiation and sell devices that claim to shield them from their cell phones. Subsequent studies then find the devices actually concentrate the electromagnetic radiation.

Scientists invesigate paranormal claims and become fooled for the claimants are able to manipulate the tests. Of course when a person such as one who is familiar with stage magic comes in, they are able to discern what is going on and with the experiments repeated with appropriate controls put in place, suddenly there is no paranormal activity.

And then we have Stereophile, a well put together magazine, that reviews a product like the 'Clarifier'. An apparent concern by the membership has prompted them to

we will try to run this experiment to prove that the Bedini does indeed work, and report the results subsequently
The word 'does' troubles me a bit and I'd rather have seen it replace by 'if'. I can only hope for a fair and honest testing protocol with individuals present to ensure the integrity. Perhaps then Stereophile may make the transition from becoming a magazine of the audiophile community to one that is for the audiophile community.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks