What's new

George Aust

Auditioning
Real Name
George
That's funny..I've been a huge fan of this movie for years. I owned the original CBS Special Edition Laser Disc and I do not remember that scene.I remember the "record scratching" scene but not the condom scene.
You probably had the "G" rated version. They deleted it from that version. The problem is that it's now the ONLY version you can get.

Wadebran

Auditioning
Real Name
Byron
The earlier poster was correct. The picture is slightly vertically squashed. It's obvious from the credits forward when the graphic "flowers" are not rounded but oblong. For further proof look at the scene where they 're playing pool. The balls are also not perfectly round. Not completely Twilight Time's fault, I checked my DVD and it is the same. I hadn't watched the DVD in so long that I had forgotten. The mistake evidently originated with MGM.
If you look at the trailers included on the disc you'll see that the characters are normally proportioned. If my layman's eye can easily pick this up I don't see how it made it past the professionals at MGM and Twilight Time. I'm curious as to whether the UK DVD is correct but I don't want to triple-dip and run the risk of getting the same problem. Very disappointing.

Wadebran

Auditioning
Real Name
Byron
The earlier poster was correct. The picture is slightly vertically squashed. It's obvious from the credits forward when the graphic "flowers" are not rounded but oblong. For further proof look at the scene where they 're playing pool. The balls are also not perfectly round. Not completely Twilight Time's fault, I checked my DVD and it is the same. I hadn't watched the DVD in so long that I had forgotten. The mistake evidently originated with MGM.
If you look at the trailers included on the disc you'll see that the characters are normally proportioned. If my layman's eye can easily pick this up I don't see how it made it past the professionals at MGM and Twilight Time. I'm curious as to whether the UK DVD is correct but I don't want to triple-dip and run the risk of getting the same problem. Very disappointing.
I should have said FOX not MGM

George Aust

Auditioning
Real Name
George
You are merely describing your Screen set up. The DVD or BR is probably 16:9 , and any other aspect ratio you choose will produce visual distortion. Check the recomended aspect ratio on the disc and make sure your TV settings or monitor setting matches.

George Aust

Auditioning
Real Name
George
You are merely describing your Screen set up. The DVD or BR is probably 16:9 , and any other aspect ratio you choose will produce visual distortion. Check the recomended aspect ratio on the disc and make sure your TV settings or monitor setting matches.
But this is a digression. The entire point of this thread is to alert people to the butcherous censorship that has happened to this movie, and that it needs to be fully restored.

Wadebran

Auditioning
Real Name
Byron
Nope. I'm aware of how to adjust for aspect ratio. My observation stands.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks