1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Blu-ray Review Bedazzled (1967) Blu-ray Review

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Josh Steinberg, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Josh Steinberg
    skylark68 and Osato like this.
  2. moviepas

moviepas Supporting Actor

I found the color down, mostly, compared to TT's The Admirable Crichton. Both are British films but then color in British prints was often different to US and Crichton is the USA print, I think. I also found a lot of sibilants in Bedazzled with the default track. I enjoyed both films, just the same.

Osato likes this.
  3. Frank Wells

Frank Wells Auditioning

Frank Wells
    There's been discussion on other boards about the picture being slightly vertically stretched (characters and objects being thinner and taller than they should be). Did you notice any such effect?

4. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Josh Steinberg
    I didn’t - I viewed the disc twice on two different displays and it looked okay to me in that regard.

Osato likes this.
  5. titch

titch Supporting Actor

Kevin Oppegaard
    No stretching at all - what are these other people on about? I'm very glad you took the time to review Bedazzled. Stanley Donen's death seemed to go more or less unremarked just when this was released and this is one of his films in Danny Peary's seminal reference guide Cult Movies 2 from 1983, which I've been waiting 35 years to finally see! As Peary points out, "Bedazzled has become dated, but when it was released, we considered it unique among the British imports, and much better than the other comedies that made it to America at that time. It combined the absurdity and breezy style of the Richard Lester films that were extremely popular in America in the sixties".

IMG_8249. Dudley Moore and Peter Cook became exponentially more vulgar and outrageous in their record albums as "Derek & Clive", just a few years later. I was shocked watching Bedazzled, at how sweet and charming Moore and Cook were in that film, compared to the expletive-ridden, scatological humor as Derek & Clive!

IMG_8250.

Osato likes this.
  6. bigshot

bigshot Cinematographer

Stephen
    Where are the screen caps? That's all I need. I don't need words describing pictures.