Becket - Where Is It?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Joe Caps, Jun 20, 2004.

1. Joe Caps

Joe Caps Screenwriter

I thought the MPI release of Becket had been moved to LAST October. Dpoesn anyone know when or IF this release is still on the way?

2. Joe Caps

Joe Caps Screenwriter

I thought the MPI release of Becket had been moved to LAST October. Dpoesn anyone know when or IF this release is still on the way?

3. Larry Sutliff

Larry Sutliff Cinematographer

I was just thinking about this movie the other day, and how much I would love to see a good DVD made available. Hopefully someone has some info. Mr. Harris, perhaps?

4. Larry Sutliff

Larry Sutliff Cinematographer

I was just thinking about this movie the other day, and how much I would love to see a good DVD made available. Hopefully someone has some info. Mr. Harris, perhaps?

5. Thomas T

Thomas T Cinematographer

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences (or was it the Cinemateque?) had a screening of the "restored" Becket just this month. A DVD release would seem imminent.

6. Thomas T

Thomas T Cinematographer

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences (or was it the Cinemateque?) had a screening of the "restored" Becket just this month. A DVD release would seem imminent.

7. Ken Koc

Ken Koc Screenwriter

yes BECKET is one I've been waiting for . I hope the DVD is soon and does the film justice.
    It was screened at the Academy in Beverly Hills last week. It was touted as a the West Coast premiere screening of the completely restored "hard to see" film. It premiered in London in November 2003.
    It also said on the Academy website--"Print courtesy of PARAMOUNT PICTURES" I wonder if that means the Paramount has the rights back to this film?

8. Ken Koc

Ken Koc Screenwriter

yes BECKET is one I've been waiting for . I hope the DVD is soon and does the film justice.
    It was screened at the Academy in Beverly Hills last week. It was touted as a the West Coast premiere screening of the completely restored "hard to see" film. It premiered in London in November 2003.
    It also said on the Academy website--"Print courtesy of PARAMOUNT PICTURES" I wonder if that means the Paramount has the rights back to this film?

9. Dick

Dick Producer
    Supporter

Rick
    Unfortunately, MPI is not one of the smaller companies that actually answers e-mails. I have inquired about this title off and on for ages.

10. Dick

Dick Producer
    Supporter

Rick
    Unfortunately, MPI is not one of the smaller companies that actually answers e-mails. I have inquired about this title off and on for ages.

11. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

12. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

13. Steve Christou

Steve Christou Long Member

Steve Christou
    Great news, great film.[​IMG] I was looking forward to Becket a year ago, but I can wait another year for a restored copy with Peter O'Toole commentary. Nice.[​IMG]

14. Steve Christou

Steve Christou Long Member

Steve Christou
    Great news, great film.[​IMG] I was looking forward to Becket a year ago, but I can wait another year for a restored copy with Peter O'Toole commentary. Nice.[​IMG]

15. Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy Producer

I have always said that once a film has been 'restored', the next step should be creating a hi-def, anamorphic transfer.

I guess that time will tell if this has been the case with Becket, which is one of favourite historical dramas.

16. Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy Producer

I have always said that once a film has been 'restored', the next step should be creating a hi-def, anamorphic transfer.

I guess that time will tell if this has been the case with Becket, which is one of favourite historical dramas.

17. Jim Green

Jim Green Auditioning

Any news on this title?

A year ago, it sounded like the release was imminent, but since then, I haven't seen anything about tit. Anyone know of any problems or issues holding this back.

One of my most wanted titles, and I'm getting impatient.

Thanks,

JGreen