Beavis and ButtHead: SE?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeathStar1, Jun 11, 2002.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Any chance we'll see "Do America" get the Special Edition Treatment? With the Success of King of the Hill, I'm surprised one hasn't made it's way around yet.
    I'm also kind of dissapointed we didn't get a sequal as was originally planned, the original is a fun run [​IMG].

2. Matt Wallace

Matt Wallace Second Unit

Yeah, I'd like to see more from Beavis and Butthead. What happened to the sequel? We're here waiting ...

Matt

3. Todd Stout

Todd Stout Screenwriter

I wish we could get more Beavis & Butthead episodes on DVD. Maybe entire season box sets?

4. Beau

Beau Supporting Actor

I wouldn't hold my breath for a SE of Do America, I mean come on, it's Paramount, what do you expect from THEM?

5. Anthony Liz

Anthony Liz Stunt Coordinator

I think having season sets would be tuff since they would have to deal with music rights. They might have to cut out the music videos. I could be wrong, but I do think the music would play a big roll on what gets released.

6. Ryan Satriani

I miss them, we need a SE, box sets of all the episodes, and Mike Judge to go back and make new episodes. King of the Hill sucks compared to Beavis and Butthead. [​IMG]

7. Paul_D

Paul_D Cinematographer

Huh huh huh, huh huh huh, DVDs are cool. Huh huh huh, huh huh huh. We should have our own DVD, cos DVDs are cool. Huh huh huh, huh huh huh.

8. Brian Kidd

Brian Kidd Screenwriter
    Supporter

King of the Hill is one of the best sitcoms on television. It's not the same as B&B, nor should it be. OFFICE SPACE isn't the same as either of the other two. They're all different and all really good.

That being said, I doubt we'll ever see the B&B tv show on dvd. Their popularity isn't what it once was and if a studio doesn't see big profits, they won't release them.

9. DanHaya

DanHaya Second Unit

Last I heard, the only DVD project Mike Judge was working on was the SE of Office Space.

I doubt we'll see B&B on DVD any time soon. First of all, as was stated previously, you have the issue of music rights. It's the same problem that's keeping Miami Vice off the shelves. Also, you have the issue of demand. There series has been over for several years now. You rarely see anything on MTV about them anymore. It was a fad and is long over. And finally, B&B fans have grown up and might not be as likely to plunk down money for a series they might not care to see anymore. Kinda like the teen boy band craze...here today, long gone tomorrow.

--Dan

10. Tim Ke

Tim Ke Stunt Coordinator

i reckon one might come out one day, if Mike Judge finds the time to do it. If he's working on an Office Space SE, i think it's a sign he's got enough interest in revisiting his own work to do them right on DVD.

11. Craig_T

Craig_T Second Unit

If the episodes do ever come out, they will probably be without the videos. That's how all the VHS versions were released. That would really suck.

12. Jeff Pryor

Jeff Pryor Supporting Actor

Oh well, I have every single episode of B&B on tape w/videos so I'm happy. Sure, it would be great to see a sequel to 'Do America' and wish Mike Judge would consider giving it a green light.