What's new

Beavis and Butthead - Criterion (1 Viewer)

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
This summer Criterion will release this fine box-set with the entire "Master Ninja" series. This 6-disc set will contain all 13 episodes of the highly acclaimed ninja series with sparkling new transfers and Dolby Digital 5.1 surround mix.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Do the Master Ninja releases include the theme song? There may be rights issues, but Criterion is usually pretty thorough about this sort of thing.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
If someone could tell me when Criterion releases the Hulk Hogan collection featuring No Holds Barred, Mr. Nannie, Suburban Comando, and the crem dela crap Santa with Muscles criterion it would be much appreciated.

I'd even take a Ready to Rumble criterion...maybe they'll get to it after Manos?

Scott Burke

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott B.
What is the big deal with criterion collection anyway. Admittedly, I do have two of there titles, but because I love the movies, not because their CC.

Can someone enlighten me?

Dave Simkiss

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dave Simkiss
I'd love to see a Criterion of The Island of Dr Moreau (1996) - Seriously! The production chaos alone deserves to be documented and the trailers and crappy 'making of' contains tons of deleted scenes.
The film is a sham, but the story behind the making of it is facinating. Original director fired after first week, he then goes native living in the jungle outside the set only to later infiltrate the production as an extra and actually appears in the film he was fired from! Add to that the maddest performance by Brando ever and you could have quite an interesting exploration of a film.
For anyone who's interested (eg: criterion)
http://www.kotinet.com/nagtloper/index.html
I know it will never happen, but you gotta keep trying :D

John Swarce

Second Unit
Looks like some great releases on the horizon, people!!
But why isn't "Gigli: The Criterion Collection" included?? Who do I complain to? :D
BTW, great thread!:emoji_thumbsup:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
U2 Rattle & Hum: The Original 17 hour version of the film
Hey, them be fightin' words!

Actually, I do have about ten hours of outtakes and unused footage on video tape somewhere. There's some really interesting stuff there if you're a fan of the band; they apparently felt uncomfortable putting out a true "behind the scenes" documentary, and just settled on a film of concert performances, and the behind the scenes stuff is really interesting to see. The hours of unused performance footage is also great, but that's not really a surprise.

I was talking about this movie with a friend the other day, actually: I think it's got some of the best black and white concert cinematography ever. That concert footage is absolutely stunning.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Believe me, the story of Dr. Moreau is even more messed up than that. I worked for the producion company responsible for it. One of the best scripts I ever read completely gutted and the normally-able John Frankenheimer left adrift by a clueless producer and two runaway stars. Good God.

Claude North

Second Unit
"Goin' Coconuts - The Criterion Collection" featuring:

Commentary tracks by Donny Osmond and Marie Osmond

"Sing Along with Donny and Marie" karaoke feature

"Making of" documentary

Deleted scenes

Rare uncensored blooper footage showing Donny and Marie
blowing their lines and saying, "Gosh," "Heck," and "Darn."

Trailers and TV spots

Complete collection of D&M's Hawaiian Punch television commercials

"Goin' Coconuts -The Criterion Collection" will be issued in a limited-edition, coconut-shaped and scented case with real coconut hair.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks