Beauty and the Geek season 2

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Chris, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

Anyone else watching? I was suprised at how "cute" I thought the show was; it goes over the top in too many areas, and maybe I'm spending too much time rooting for the geeks (except for the one twit that survived the first challenge, damnit) but it's an interesting concept [​IMG] When the girls took the stage to take a position on a current events/political issue, I nearly laughed out loud at several of them [​IMG]

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

At least they subject both the guys and girls to embarrassing situations (regardless of the preparation for their respective tasks).

I'm still impressed that Tyson can solve the Rubik's cube behind his back. (I can do it, but I need to see the cube).

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Anyone see Tyson on "Twins" last night? Yes, he was shown solving the Rubik's cube in about 12 seconds.

4. mattCR

mattCR Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt
    I just started watching. The redheaded guy seems as though he is channelling Woody Allen 24/7

5. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Screenwriter

I watched last weeks show, didn't kno what it was but got into it. When the black chick couldn't hook up her computer, the look on her partners face was great.

6. Joseph S

Joseph S Cinematographer

Is there a video of this? How does he know he's done if he can't see it?

I got hooked on the reruns of the prior series, have only watched the one ep so far this year. The only issue is the girls haven't been that hot and the guys could be bigger geeks than what they have. That said, WTH was with the "walk off?" [​IMG]

7. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Tyson did it on the first episode this season. He stares at the mixed up cube, memorizes the starting position of all the pieces and then solves the cube while it's behind his back.

8. Hunter P

Hunter P Screenwriter

I love this show. The Beauties are hotter and the Geeks are geekier. I loved how the one guy (too lazy to look up his name) didn't want to go into the hot tub with the others because he had been working out the last 6 months and didn't want the others to be intimidated by his rippling muscles. He would rather flex in front of the mirror. [​IMG]

9. Joseph S

Joseph S Cinematographer

I think you've been punk'd. [​IMG] I don't understand the point of continuing with it if he is at that level of "mastery." Where's the challenge?

10. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Doing it faster. There was actually a spot on the news about someone solving it in eleven seconds, as opposed to Tyson's sloth-like twelve. [​IMG]

11. Hunter P

Hunter P Screenwriter

I can do one in each hand in 10 seconds blindfolded while riding a unicycle. I'd show you but I've been working out for the last 6 months and I don't want to intimidate you with my wide back and rippling muscles.[​IMG]

12. Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming Producer

Yee Ming Lim
    Count this as another guilty pleasure of mine.

I've also gone and watched the first season (just finale left, though I already know who won -- damned Internet!), and I get the distinct impression that the second season is "sweeter" than the first -- whilst the girls are cuter and the guys geekier, at the same time the bitchyness factor seems to have dialled down a little. I mean, the Chuck-Richard feud was just plain ridiculous. This season, it's really now just antagonism with Cher from all the other girls, but only because she's so competitive. Much like Caitilin in the first season, but I get the vibe that Cait was far more bitchy than Cher.

13. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Caught the end of the finale last night. Cute couple. The guy who won probably had the better deal though, as I thought she was a bit prettier and had a less high pitched voice [​IMG].

Although, did I catch it right? "What would you change about your partner?" I could have sworn he said he would get her bigger breasts. He must be blind, because she dosn't need 'em [​IMG]. Hopefully he was jokin...

Anyone know if any of these couples are still together? Or have the Beauty's seeked out the standard jock already? [​IMG]

14. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

They aren't ever "couples", they are paired together to compete in individual tasks that are outside of each person's comfort levels.