What's new

Beauty And The Beast - Artwork (UK) (1 Viewer)

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Everytime Disney does something right (B&B Plat.), they does something else that just makes me hate 'em again(Ltd.Edit not in R1). :thumbsdown:
-Dave

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Is there a reliable place to get the UPC code for the ltd. edition?

Thanks,
Dave

James Reader

Screenwriter
What hasn't been made clear is that the Limited Edition is the only way to get the full 2 disc contents of the R1 'Platinum Edition'.

The 'standard' edition is just one disc and although I have not seen a full press release detailing the contents of the single disc, I would be *very* surprised if it contained the 3 versions of the film.

Based on past Disney UK single disc cutdown releases ('Atlantis', 'Monsters, Inc.') it will simply contain a 4:3 version of the film and the set-top games.

(Perhaps Disney will not bother with a 4:3 transfer if the aspect ratio is 1.66:1; I'm not sure on the ratio of the Beauty and the Beast widescreen transfer.)

Robert Cook

Stunt Coordinator
Richard Waller wrote:
James Reader said:
If it's going to be "16x9 enhanced" (which is the case in R1), it'll be windowboxed within the frame, and have basically the same black bars at the top and bottom as a 1.85 release, so it's not as if widescreen haters would benefit.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
They R2 disneys sets are nice until the final thing comes out with the certificate logos plastered all over the box and, most notably, the discs themselves.

Dan

James Reader

Screenwriter
They R2 disneys sets are nice until the final thing comes out with the certificate logos plastered all over the box and, most notably, the discs themselves.
Hey Dan, you can hardly blame Disney for that. However, I do blame them for releasing two version of every 'Special Edition' that they do release.

I don't know about you, Dan, but the amount of confusion I have seen in print, in Newsgroups and even on places like The DVD forums about the recent 'Monsters, Inc.' duel release has me no annoyed. Especially as out of ignorance people have been buying the single disc version when they wanted the double and/or widescreen release!

This time to Disney's credit I have seen adverts for the single disc and 'collectors edition' release, but neither advert made it clear (1) what you would be getting and (2) that another version was available at the same time.

I mean, come on, how much would it take to say something like 'Collectors Edition contains x hours of addition bonus footage and a widescreen presentation' or similar on each advert?

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Oh I dont blame disney for the logos, its just an issue many forget when the oooh and ahhh over nicer R2 packaging.

I dont buy films on R2, I break for the OCCASIONAL TV release, but thats it. I keep up with R2 developments though, can't well not as a moderator of this section of the HTF, and I do dislike the confusion I see in the marketing of a lot of R2 products.

Dan

Enrique B Chamorro

Supporting Actor
I wrote Disney UK about trying to get just the case
for the blue "book" style Snow White CE case and
the red "book" style Beauty and the Beast CE case.
They said, not allowed.
Any other idea for sources for just the cases??

Thanks,

Enrique

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Just received the R2 version today. Nice, but it doesn't look as nice in the picture. Up close, it looks kinda cheesy.

-Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks