What's new

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I'm perfectly satisfied with the original Blu-ray of this film and based on this review it looks like I will be for years to come. But the continued inclusion of multiple versions here makes the existing Blu-ray of Bedknobs and Broomsticks even more unforgivable.* If they revisited this film on Blu-ray, will they do the same for this, and if so, when? And will it just be a rehash of what we already got or something to really do it justice?

*This fall, IgerCorp is treating the butchered travesty that is the 117-minute theatrical cut to two 45th anniversary screenings in SoCal, which is about as many as the restored version, the only one with any moral right to exist, has gotten in 20 years. Once you see where stuff has been cut and how that cutting created continuity errors and loose ends, you can't unsee it. Why should we be forced to? Normally a repertory screening of this film is a cause for celebration, but not only will I not be at these screenings, I told them why on Twitter at @elcapitan. I told them that my boyfriend and I would gladly have made the trip down for the uncut version. But for the short version? Nope. I saw it enough times already when that was the longest version that already existed, but if anything longer than that had existed, I would have watched that. Shorter is NOT better if it creates story problems that weren't there before.

Last edited:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Product Detail
Available to own 10/25/16.
Includes a Blu-ray, DVD, and Digital HD of the movie.

Temporary price reduction.
Not eligible for additional discounts.

It's not listed as an Exclusive
The Most Recent DMC flyer confirms that the Bluray version of The Enchanted Christmas is exclusive to DMC The DVD at is at retailers

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I'm bumping this old thread to ask a question I haven't seen answered anywhere about the Signature Collection edition.

The Diamond Edition has a feature which has always annoyed me. There is an on-screen text popup that appears during the credits of the movie suggesting a bonus feature to watch next.

This has always bothered me because I like to watch the credits uninterrupted whenever I watch movies.

Does the Signature Collection edition have any such thing? I hope not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks