What's new

Beauty and the Beast (2017) (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Mike wasn't talking about Emma Watson, he was referring to Ariana Grande who is not even in the film and I have no idea how she got into this thread!
Because Ariana Grande and John Legend are recording the "pop" version of the movie's main theme song. She may not be "in the movie", but you'll at least hear her over the end credits and representing the movie on the radio, if radio decides to play this version of the song.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Because Ariana Grande and John Legend are recording the "pop" version of the movie's main theme song. She may not be "in the movie", but you'll at least hear her over the end credits and representing the movie on the radio, if radio decides to play this version of the song.
Oops. I missed that part. Ugh. Why can't they do something original for the end credits rather than just copy another pop version of the same song? By the way I'm wondering what movie started the trend of having an end-credit song that was a "for the radio" version of a song already contained in the movie?

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Oops. I missed that part. Ugh. Why can't they do something original for the end credits rather than just copy another pop version of the same song? By the way I'm wondering what movie started the trend of having an end-credit song that was a "for the radio" version of a song already contained in the movie?

I'm actually thinking that credit might go to...

Beauty and the Beast. :D

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I'm actually thinking that credit might go to...

Beauty and the Beast. :D
The streak was broken a couple of years ago when Menzel's movie version of Let It Go was so good, it bumped the Demi Lovato version from the singles chart. I have a feeling this will not be repeated for BatB

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Final Trailer:

The movie at least looks absolutely stunning.

I believe that's the Ariana Grande/John Legend cover of the title song in the trailer, too. Grande's vocals are halfway between her Celine Dion impression and her normal singing voice. From the little we hear, it won't be changing any minds about her. I don't think John Legend was a good choice, either.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I find it troubling we only hear one song in that trailer and it's not sung by a cast member.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The movie at least looks absolutely stunning.

I believe that's the Ariana Grande/John Legend cover of the title song in the trailer, too. Grande's vocals are halfway between her Celine Dion impression and her normal singing voice. From the little we hear, it won't be changing any minds about her. I don't think John Legend was a good choice, either.

It DOES look nice. But I can't see the trailers and avoid thinking that it all seems so pointless.

And, yes, Grande and Legend are incredibly bad choices.

I find it troubling we only hear one song in that trailer and it's not sung by a cast member.

+++1 This is a musical, people. Don't sell it as something that it's not. Unless they're de-emphasizing the music.

Here I am wondering if they're going to include Human Again in the film and, instead, I have to wonder if the rest of the songs from the original film will be included...all while I'm wondering why, again, they re-made this film in the first place.

My wife and I actually already have our tickets for opening weekend (some kind of Groupon-type deal). We'll be seeing it on an RPX screen (no 3-D). Must...have...open...mind (but I don't know that I can).

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Here I am wondering if they're going to include Human Again in the film and, instead, I have to wonder if the rest of the songs from the original film will be included...all while I'm wondering why, again, they re-made this film in the first place.

Well it seems clear that the songs will be in the movie as in the trailer you can see scenes from Be Our Guest and the Gaston song, even if you can't hear them.

I am with you 100% on the 'why' question though. What's the point if they just made a live action version of the animated film, and even then 50% of it is still animated...

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I agree. I don't really see the point of a "live action" remake that's chock full of CGI. I recently saw The Jungle Book remake and that was a disappointment, as well.

I love the original, but the trailers for this remake just leave me cold. I may see it on video someday, but I have no intention of going to the theater.

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I just saw that the first showing at the local theaters here is charging $35 a ticket. It seems that Disney is promoting all of the first showings as a "special event" and they'll be showing some behind the scenes video, and also saying that it'll be the only opportunity to see the new musical video at a movie theater (the Ariana Grande recording of the title song). To me, that's not worth the premium, so I'll wait for a different showing, but it does look like it's gonna be sold out before the date.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I just saw that the first showing at the local theaters here is charging $35 a ticket. It seems that Disney is promoting all of the first showings as a "special event" and they'll be showing some behind the scenes video, and also saying that it'll be the only opportunity to see the new musical video at a movie theater (the Ariana Grande recording of the title song). To me, that's not worth the premium, so I'll wait for a different showing, but it does look like it's gonna be sold out before the date.
Wow, I think that's a sucker deal.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
all while I'm wondering why, again, they re-made this film in the first place.

Because Pete's Dragon and Cinderella and The Jungle Book made lots of money, that's why. :P

I want to like this film. I'll be so disappointed if I don't.

I want to like it too, but if I don't, at least I'll always have the original version. ;)

Kenneth_C

Second Unit
I honestly think the 1991 version is nearly a perfect film.
I just don't know what we'll gain from the new version. The animated figures (Mrs. Potts, Chip, Lumiere, Cogsworth, etc) look really creepy in the trailer. Peg and I will definitely be going to see it. And I'm going to really try to keep an open mind. But I'm doubtful that I'm going to like it.

When I saw the final trailer the other day, I thought, "Wow, did all they do is copy the animated film?" Not only did the trailer hit practically every beat from the animated classic, many shots appeared to be straight out of the original.

Obviously, some enterprising fan had the same thought.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
Honestly, I'd enjoy a movie version of the Broadway show more then a straight remake of the animated classic. I was really hoping that was the direction this was going but, that trailer seems to put an end to that hope.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
The Golden Globes TV spot did contain Emma Watson's version of "Belle", so they really aren't de-emphasizing the songs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks