What's new

Beautiful Creatures - Rachel Weisz (1 Viewer)

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
The DVD comes out on Tuesday. I didn't catch it during its initial run here in London, because I heard some very bad reviews. But I absolutely adore Rachel Weisz.... Has anyone seen it, and is it worth picking up?

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
She sure is
yum.gif

------------------
Link Removed
------------------

Luc

Stunt Coordinator
Same here. Is it worth a purchase just for her? Forget the plot, just tell me how good she looks in the movie
biggrin.gif
Mummy Returns - Rachel attractiveness 10/10
The Mummy - 9.5
Swept from the Sea - 9.5
Land Girls - 8
Chain Reaction - 7
I Want You - 9.5
Enemy at the Gate - 10
Stealing Beauty - 7
Ratings are relative and is a comparison of Rachel vs Rachel.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Hmmmm, might be worth a rental... :)
------------------
He thought on homeland, the big timber, the air thin and chill all the year long. Tulip poplars so big through the trunk they put you in mind of locomotives set on end. He thought of getting home and building him a cabin on Cold Mountain so high that not a soul but the nighthawks passing across the clouds in autumn could hear his sad cry. Of living a life so quiet he would not need ears. And if Ada would go with him, there might be the hope, so far off in the distance he did not even really see it, that in time his despair might be honed off to a point so fine and thin that it would be nearly the same as vanishing.
-- Charles Frazier, Cold Mountain

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
She's about to start performances in a play off-Broadway. I have second-row seats. :)
M.
[Edited last by Michael Reuben on September 29, 2001 at 02:37 PM]

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
I would pay good money for a 90 minute tape of her mowing the lawn or knitting or whatever....

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I've said it before (in a Rachel Weisz thread in AfterHours), and ill say it again..
She seems a bit.. 'old'...
But she was pretty hot in Enemy at the Gates...
biggrin.gif

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
Michael, I saw her in that play when it premiered here in London. It's called 'The Shape of Things' and it was written/directed by Neil LaBute who made Nurse Betty and In the Compamny of Men. I'm not exaggreating when I say that It is easily the best play I have ever seen. All the performances are rock solid. Obviously Rachel is the best, but Gretchn Mol and Paul Rudd give extremely good turns as well. I saw it twice - 5 star.
Regarding 'Beautiful Creatures', I rented it last night, and oh dear! It was really awful. Not even Ms. Weisz could save it, though she was easily the best thing in it. It just had a really, really awful script, and a dull, boring, even moronic plot. I'd avoid this one. What a shame!
[Edited last by Paul Dalmaine on September 30, 2001 at 03:11 AM]

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
"old?"
I find her to be just right. And being from the mother land (England), I can understand her native tongue :)
orangeman
------------------
Link Removed
------------------

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
quote: I'm not exaggreating when I say that It is easily the best play I have ever seen. [/quote] Glad to hear it, Paul. The advance reviews were certainly favorable.
It was Neil LaBute's name that first attracted my attention, because there's always some uncertainty about how much of the original cast will remain when a play comes from London to New York. When it was confirmed that Rachel Weisz would be in the New York production, it was a bonus.
At the risk of causing thread drift, did you happen to see Ian McKellen and Helen Mirren in the London production of Dance of Death? That just started playing here, and I'll be seeing it in mid-October.
M.
[Edited last by Michael Reuben on September 30, 2001 at 10:45 AM]

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
Did you happen to see Ian McKellen and Helen Mirren in the London production of Dance of Death?
No, that was one on my list to see, but I never got round to seeing it. I definiately remember reading very favourable reviews for that though. Should be very good!
[Edited last by Paul Dalmaine on September 30, 2001 at 04:37 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread