What's new

Beatles Rock Band (1 Viewer)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Originally Posted by Yee-Ming

I was in a CD shop today, and the riffs being played in the concert DVD being demoed sounded really familiar but I couldn't quite place the song. I quickly realised the concert was the new McCartney in NYC DVD, and after a while I finally recognised the riffs as being from The End, but they were jamming and ad libbing which is why it took me a while to figure it out. Having said that, prior to TB:RB, I had never heard The End before...
Did you envision a grid with coloured blocks flowing towards you? I clearly play too much Rock Band. :P

Beatles is definately easier I think. I'm pretty good on Hard guitar on Beatles, Rockband, not so much. I've seen the EXPERT being played when I've done some online playing with others, and man, I couldn't fathom it. A guy got 95% on expert drums. There's just too many notes man!

It's a bit of a catch 22, Beatles is great fun, but short not so much on difficulty but variety. that's why I picked up Rock Band & Rock Band 2. I paid $30 for the both of them at a used place, and followed the advice previously given in this thread and copied all the RB1 songs into RB2. Then I downloaded a bunch of song packs... if your looking for a challenge, I recommend the best of The Who. the guitar is actually the easiest bits, bass and drums is like one long solo on nearlly all the songs!

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I think the Beatles RB is probably easier because, well, the Beatles' songs weren't exactly the most complicated. They go more for sound and melody than rocking out solos. Look at the hardest songs from RB1/2 and any GH game. They're all either metal or from the 80s/90s/2000s. The Beatles come from a different era of music, and I think it's reflected well in the game.

I've been playing Harmonix games since Frequency and got GH soon after it came out. I play on Hard regularly and try Expert from time to time; I can beat a song on Expert but can only ace it on Hard. The best suggestion I can give you is to play with your hands one fret down and use your pointer finger to hit the green and red buttons. It's easier to reach with that finger than it is to reach with your pinky or move your hand every time you have to hit orange.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Good tip Morgan. I tried it this weekend and it is certainly a bit easier to do hard that way. I was quite pleased with myself doing a challenging 4 song set on RB2, especially with the final song "Alive" by Pearl Jam.... until the never ending solo of never ending hammer on's at the end... bastards! :P

"Rubber Soul" is out today on everything but the PS3, who getting it? I will be on Thursday since I have the PS3. There's some good songs on this one, should be fun.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Originally Posted by Russell G

"Rubber Soul" is out today on everything but the PS3, who getting it? I will be on Thursday since I have the PS3. There's some good songs on this one, should be fun.
I did. "You Won't See Me" is dead easy, I got 100% on my first attempt on Hard, then got 100% and 5 gold stars when I did Expert (again first attempt) -- first time I have ever achieved 100% any guitar part on expert, let alone 5 gold stars...

(I've managed 100% on bass expert on The End, but that alone wasn't enough for gold stars; I guess I didn't use Beatlemania effectively enough.)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Originally Posted by Yee-Ming

I did. "You Won't See Me" is dead easy, I got 100% on my first attempt on Hard, then got 100% and 5 gold stars when I did Expert (again first attempt) -- first time I have ever achieved 100% any guitar part on expert, let alone 5 gold stars...

(I've managed 100% on bass expert on The End, but that alone wasn't enough for gold stars; I guess I didn't use Beatlemania effectively enough.)
Good job! I played the whole album once, but on medium guitar since I sang it too. If you want a challenge, you should try singing songs you barely know while singing, tricky stuff! I've discovered that I can 100% songs done by Lennon on the medium vocals. Pauls songs are too high, and Georges are a bit off. Ringos are simply impossible. :P

I plan to give it a play today on hard drums and guitar. not at the same time though! I like this pack, lots of good songs. Norweigan Wood is fun to play, and forgot how mean and creepy that Run For Your Life song is. I still hope there are some more packs coming out for this, but harmonix is being very closed lipped.

On another note, I rented Lego Rock Band and have played it a bit this week. It's novel good fun for anyone looking for something a bit different.

EdHoch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ed Hochstatter
Greetings All,

I'm looking to pick up Beatles Rock Band for the Wii. I've heard that if you get the full Beatles rock band set, those instruments won't work on other Rock Band tracks. SO, I'm thinking about getting the Rock Band 2 set (with the guitar, drums, mic) and then buying the Beatles Rock Band software. The question is...will that work?

Also, how does the DLC (downloadable content?) work with the Wii? Is there an extra fee? If so, how much do they run a guy?

Thanks!

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I'm looking to pick up Beatles Rock Band for the Wii. I've heard that if you get the full Beatles rock band set, those instruments won't work on other Rock Band tracks. SO, I'm thinking about getting the Rock Band 2 set (with the guitar, drums, mic) and then buying the Beatles Rock Band software. The question is...will that work?
I don't have this on the Wii, but the and "Rock Band" branded instrument should work for all games (including Guitar Hero). I don't have the Beatles instruments for PS3, I use the original RB guitar and the RB2 drums. There is nothing different technically between the Beatles instruments and the ones released for RB2, just the physical design.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
All the instruments should work provided they are Rockband branded.

DLC for the Wii tends to be more expensive I think since you have to buy all the tracks seperately instead of in the album packs like on the xbox/ps3, but I could be wrong. You also get burned a bit since when you get a bit tired of the beatles and decide to buy Rock Band 2, you wont be able to export songs from RB1 and the track pack either I don't think due to the memory limitations.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Starting with Rock Band 2 and Guitar Hero: World Tour, every instrument released should work with pretty much every music game. So The Beatles: Rock Band instruments should work with all RB and GH titles (except GH3).

The DLC is packaged differently for the Wii. Also, you will want to buy an SD card to store it on (the Wii reads up to 32 GB cards I think) since the internal memory is only like 512 MB and fills up quickly with other stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks