Beatles- In My Life

Discussion in 'Music' started by DaveSarcevic, Feb 14, 2006.

1. DaveSarcevic

DaveSarcevic Agent

I want to legally download this song. It's been in my head for the last few days. I have the Ozzy cover, but I really want the Beatles original. Is there a legal download site that has a high quality ( at least 192kbps) version?Thank you.

2. Brian L

Brian L Cinematographer

No.

3. Chris Brunner

Chris Brunner Second Unit

Hi Dave,

Just pick up the Rubber Soul CD at any music store.

You will NOT be disappointed.

C

4. nickGreenwood

nickGreenwood Second Unit

Either the Rubber Soul cd or the "Red Album" aka The Beatles Greatest Hits 1962-1966. Some good stuff on there too.

Johnny Cash does an amazing cover of this song. (Which is available on iTunes.)

Sadly no there's no place that I know of that you can legally download the song. The Beatles and Apple (Computers) have a bit of a lawsuit going on right now, which may be impacting the release of the digital download versions of Beatles songs. I have a feeling though that if Apple and The Beatles come to some sort of understanding and the Beatles release their songs on iTunes or some other digital site those are going to be some of the most downloaded files.

5. Brian L

Brian L Cinematographer

FWIW, I see that the Stones are on iTunes. They may have been there all along, although I don't recall seeing any big PR campaign to announce it, as I would have expected for a band of their magnitude.

To me, that's still a pretty big deal (their current output not withstanding!). Now if the two Apples can just make nice.....

Brian

EDIT: Looks like the Stones were added to iTunes in August of 2005....I can't belive I missed that.

6. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Couldn't agree more. It appeared on his "American IV-The Man Comes Around" CD.

But how about that Sean Connery cover on George Martin's "In My Life" CD? [​IMG]

7. DaveSarcevic

DaveSarcevic Agent

Thanks Brian. I just picked up rubber soul. I have listened to it repeatedly. Really like In My Life , but I wish the song wasn't so short. Growing up I wasnt a big Beatles fan, but as I age and mellow, I am really enjoying their music, especially the songs hardly heard on the radio. I love my Sirius.