What's new

BEATLES catalog being remastered for iTunes Download (1 Viewer)

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
The real Beatles aren't available on iTunes, but The Shitty Beatles are--you know, karaoke versions, tribute albums, various covers, that sort of thing.

But of course you can still rip your real Beatles CDs to iTunes, and put 'em on your iPod that way.

And that's how Dubya--or more than likely one of his handlers (Karl Rove?)--did it.

Albert_M

Supporting Actor
While many of us have been waiting for remastered cds, now we find out that they will be available for download because yeah that's what Beatles fans want, downloads... crappy but remastered mp3's...

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I'm not ready to give up on the sound quality for the Beatles remasters just yet. I think I heard (or read) that Sir George Martin is involved, and it wouldn't surprise me if one or both of the surviving Beatles were, too. That being the case, they were very much a stickler for the quality of the sound that I will hold out a little hope that the new remasters will sound better than the original CDs.

Bradley Newton

Stunt Coordinator
The sound quality on The Beatles Anthology DVD set is just spectacular. All of the music was remastered for 5.1 and is offered in Dolby Digital, DTS, or PCM stereo. If this is a glimpse of what the future holds, I will be first in line to replace my 20 year-old Beatles CDs.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I might just be thick but why are they making this huge deal out of remastering just so that it can be converted to a 128bit AAC File...am I missing something here.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member

Because remastered = better to Joe 6-Pack. Even if the remastering makes things sound worse, as they often do these days (a good master will be compressed dynamically to sound better in your car).

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I don't think the point was to brag about the remastering in order to convert. I read it as they are remastering to make it sound better (and the booklets being redone are cool, hopefully they'll include the Sgt. Peppers cutouts and the big poster for the white album) because the catalog is due for it.

Concurrently, he's saying that it would be pointless to make downloadable versions of the old masters when new ones are around the corner.

They're making a huge deal out of remastering the catalog for release on CD, which may or may not be warranted for you, but for quite a lot of Beatlemaniacs out there, this *is* huge news.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
If the remasters are well-done, this huge Beatles fan will replace every CD in my collection. However, I want nothing to do with a 128K AAC or MP3 downloadable version. I'll happily re-encode new CD masters into high quality 224K MP3's for listening on my iPod, though. Just give me quality remasters on CD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks