What's new

Beatles Anthology Review??? (1 Viewer)

Matt Hetzler

Stunt Coordinator
That is a very good deal! Better than Best Buy, but unfortunatily I don't have any Costco's near me.

Oh well, $47.99 is still a great deal! :)

Ron Etaylor

Second Unit
I won't sleep well tonight, and I won't be worth a crap at work tomorrow. Hard to imagine there will be too many more moments that are this exciting for fans('cept when the whole catalog comes out in hi-res:) )

Ken Stuart

Second Unit
For future reference in choice of online stores:

Scheduled Delivery: Apr 1, 2003
I assume that UPS doesn't play April Fools Jokes!:b

PS When the VHS version of the Anthology came out, I decided that I wouldn't spend the US$100, and would save the money and apply it towards the DVD version that was sure to come out "in a few months". 5 years later... :D

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
My set is in Wilmington DE and probably won't make it my house until Thursday. :frowning:

At least I'll have the Wilco DVD to tide me over...

Enjoy everyone!

Ken Stuart

Second Unit
UPS Just arrived !

No floaters !! :D :D

Instead of the horrible recent box set cases (Buffy, MST3K) where the DVD holder is glued to a folding cardboard, this has 5 individual DVD boxes in a cardboard box ! Yay !

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
My set shipped out this morning, on the street date itself, and should arrive on Thursday, two days after the street date and after everyone else here has watched his or her copies.

Matt Hetzler

Stunt Coordinator
I just listened to the Real Love video in DTS.

My jaw is on the floor.

BEST SOUND EVER

I hear a ton of stuff that I NEVER heard in the CD version. If the rest of the stuff is anything like this (and I hear it is) then people are in for a real treat with this set.

THIS IS A MUST HAVE DVD.

Paul Case

Supporting Actor
I just listened to the Real Love video in DTS.

My jaw is on the floor.
Matt, I just finished picking my own jaw up off the floor! Man, how about those backing vocals??? Real Love in DTS is beyond amazing. Damn, I can't wait to hear the rest of the songs this way!!!

Ok, back to Pepperland! :D

greg_t

Screenwriter
You guys are killing me! I got my copy tonight but I'm out of town until Friday. I'm watching it on a 19" TV now, but I can't hear it in DTS until I get home Friday. This just isn't fair.

Ken Stuart

Second Unit
I have yet to play the bonus DVD, since I've never seen the other material before (other than the parts shown on TV 5 years ago).

However, so far the DD sounds slightly better than the DTS -more air and separation....

PS I did make a point of watching the first ever music videos - "Paperback Writer" and "Rain" and the sound and picture is exceptionally good.

I'm watching it on a 19" TV now
That's very authentic, when you consider that is how most people watched the Beatles back 30+ years ago.

Alex Shk

Stunt Coordinator
Any "Beatle-philes" notice that I Am The Walrus is in true stereo/surround all the way through the song??

For those that aren't aware, this song always went into "fake stereo" about midway through, because a radio broadcast of Shakespear was overdubbed live onto the mono mix. As that sequence was not on the multi-tracks, they couldn't duplicate it for a true stereo mix. I guess technology has come a long way - not only is the sound discreet, the radio broadcast travels from speaker to speaker (rears in surround), while the balance of the stereo/surround image remains fixed (pretty much).

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
Where are the music videos for "Rain" and "Paperback Writer"? I watched the whole supplement disc and I didn't see them....

Are they integrated into the other volumes?

Thanks

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
One person in the Hoffman forums reported substantial compression artifacts, particularly the sort of shifting, crawling background details that were once very common in the early days of DVD.

Anybody see anything like this?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks