Beatles Anthology audio quality

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Tillman, Oct 25, 2002.

1. John Tillman

John Tillman Supporting Actor

I finally watched the last disc of my laser set tonight (which was great) but I then popped in my Anthology 3 discs for a listen on my main system (Sony 555es).

I was blown away by the quality of the recordings. I guess I've always listened to it on inferior gear and never realized how good this stuff sounds as compared to the regular US albums.

Can the original Beatles material sound as good as this if they remaster it to SACD? If all these different takes can sound as good as they do on Anthology then the answer has to be YES. Damn, we are in for a treat if they ever get around to it.

Oh well, sorry to start another Beatles thread but I've never heard them sound so good.

2. Grant B

Grant B Producer

PCM om LDs is identical to CDs; so then SACD SHOULD sound better.
    But I agree the Anthology sounds great. I dont care if it ever comes out on DVD

3. Kevin M

Kevin M Producer

4. KrisM

KrisM Second Unit

I don't think people will come out and say it sounds like shit. They will say it sounds better on vinyl.[​IMG] For the life of me I can't understand why the Beatles catalog has not been re-mastered properly. This is music that should be on SACD ASAP as far as I am concerned.
    Regards
    KrisM

5. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee

6. Steve Meskell

Steve Meskell Second Unit

Let's hope EMI puts them out on DVD-A and SACD....
    Trying not to upset the people on both sides of the format war [​IMG]
    p.s. Dying to see how they do the Anthology DVD's

7. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Count me in for the Beatles on SACD. If EMI can do with the Beatles what ABCKO did with the Stones, watch out! [​IMG]
    I should temper this discussion by mentioning that I have read some rumors stating that the Beatles catalog could come out on DVD-Audio. As far as I know, there is no substance to these statements. Hence, they are rumors.