What's new

Beatle George Harrison dies at 58 (1 Viewer)

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
Holy Crap !!! I didn't hear that yet.... Again HTF is on the edge. The music world has lost another icon.

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
58 years old is so young...it goes to show that all the money in the world can't guarantee longevity.

A sad day.

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Supporting Actor
They called him "The Quiet Beatle," but any guitarist will tell you his influence was as loud as any other member's.

Incidentally, his death from cancer comes at the end of a lifetime of smoking, which will hopefully open a few people's eyes.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Sad, indeed. The Beatles will always be one of those very few special, unspoiled things from my youth. Still the greatest music I've ever heard.

Goodbye, George, and thanks.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
With this end plus the recent attack on him it's just a rough ending for a great musician and wonderful human being. He deserved better, smoker or not.

At least he lived to enjoy how much others appreciated him.

We will certainly miss the music too.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
58 years to way to young. His influence on all guitarists is very profound. Frank Sinatra called "Something" the best love song ever written.

My favorite Beatle is gone. God watch over him now and his family.

Parker

LawrenceK

Stunt Coordinator
I guess the only thing I can do is listen to George songs all day long in tribute to one of the greatest pop musicians of all time. :frowning:

Bill Buklis

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Buklis
:frowning: This is truly sad. Even though they broke up before I was born, I've always loved the Beatles. I've never really known a world with all four Beatles (I was only 8 when Lennon was killed). I too thought there might be some kind of reunion with the 3. I never really thought it would happen, but this makes it impossible.
He was a truly great musician. Although he had fewer hits after the Beatles, he probably enjoyed life more with fewer screaming fans. From the many hits with the Beatles to "Got My Mind Set on You" we'll remember him always. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks