What's new

Beast of Hollow Mountain (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I had set up a wish list for this movie on my tivo, but never expected it to get recorded since I couldn't recall the last time I saw this movie on tv. Released in 1956, it has probably been at least 30, maybe 40 years since I've seen it.

Well Flix had it on this morning and my tivo recorded it and I've watched it. Perhaps its not on tv often because they don't allow movies this bad on that often.

The dialogue and acting are equally wooden. Its painful to watch and I had to use the fast forward feature, it's just that bad.

When the Beast (a t-rex) finally shows up, it doesn't get much better. The beast's performance is on a par with the human acting. The t-rex puppet is not very realistic and the stop-motion animation sub-par.

There are some painful closeups of the r-rex walking which are obviously a human walking in t-rex boots.

In my child's-eye memory, I thought the movie was in black and white and much better. To my surprise, the movie was in color and shot in 2.35:1 (per imdb) and shown letterboxed, not p&s.

A real stinker. If this movie comes out on DVD, I will not feel any need to buy it. BTW, I'm a sucker for dinosaur movies, but they need to be better than this.

I was reading some of the user comments on the imdb and was surprised to see how many liked it. I think if I were 9 again, I might find it more entertaining, but today. It has not aged well, IMHO.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Ooops. The movie was so bad I forgot only the opening/closing credits were letterboxed. The rest was p&s.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks