What's new

Beach Spikers, anyone? (1 Viewer)

Bac Bradley

Stunt Coordinator
I plan on purchasing this launch day (if it sucks, I'll just resell) - the concept is too fun to resist :)
I'll try to get an unbiased review up shortly thereafter at TMR.

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
I really hope this game rocks. I love all the backburner sports like tennis and volleyball getting their due lately. I remember a great beach volleyball game on the NES that was a blast to play. Im not going to purchase this one on launch day but if the reviews are good, Im going to get it sometime soon. Does this game only sell for the GC or will the PS2 and XBox get their own version as well?

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
It looks interesting, but my volleyball game budget only has room for one, and I'm already planning on DOA Extreme Volleyball...
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Bac Bradley

Stunt Coordinator
DOA has potential, no doubt about that...but I'll give beach spikers a try first. If its lame, off to ebay it goes. Early word is that it plays similar to sega tennis which is definitely a plus.

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
If this game is :star: :star: :star: :star: like I hope it is, it may be what pushes me over the edge to finally get a GC.
Call me crazy, but the DOA Volleyball title doesn't do anything for me. I've heard NOTHING about gameplay, just about the "extra" features.

Scott_W

Stunt Coordinator
This is my most desired Gamecube title at the moment. Early reviews from Japan are in the 32/40 range. I've also seen some other very positive reviews. I bought my Gamecube mostly for this title, though the other big ones this fall also helped, as did Eternal Darkness.

I bet this game will play a much better game of volleyball then the Dead or Alive one. All the Dead or Alive games have looked great, but really lacked a lot of depth. Sega games, on the other hand, usually don't look quite as nice as the premier titles, but have a lot more play value. Beach Spikers does look very good though. It won't have the body 'physics' of the DOA game, but I'm not as concerned about that. You can also build your partners statistics as you go, and get new suits, as opposed to DOA's game, where you can just buy new clothing (at least at this point in previews).

Just my $.02 though.

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
I've got high hopes for this one too, and will definitely be picking it up if the reviews seem favorable. I've been a huge fan of volleyball games since Kings of the Beach on the NES. 4-player v-ball that isn't solely based around the gratuitous exploitation of T&A (semi-gratuitous at best :D)? Sign me up!
I regret it won't have the awesome 'argue with the ref' feature of Kings, but I'll survive. Ahh, too many good games coming out...

Rusty Ray

Second Unit
great love those locked reviews, but 8.2 sounds good to me, i played the demo of it and it was really kewl.

JaremyP

Auditioning
I'll be picking this up for sure. Looks like great fun and an excellent party game. Gamestop said they should have it in store today, so I'll stop in this evening sometime.

DOA volleyball looks like it might be good as well, but we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks