What's new

BD Exclusives Coming To HD DVD via Europe (1 Viewer)

dkny75

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Danny
Oversea releases might not use the same master as the American release. It varies by studio. For example xXx uses a different master in Japan compared to the master used by Sony in the U.S. I have not seen either high def version so I cannot tell you personally. I have seen both the HD DVD and Blu-ray version of Brothers Grimm and they are practically the same.

A lot of the foreign releases (Equilibruim, Running Scared, etc) were only pressed in lots of 2,000. I believe they re-pressed Equilibrium and most stores now have them in stock.

KyleC

Supporting Actor
My copy of Equilibrium arrived this weekend and it looks great. This will be my last Japanese import though. I didn't even think before but trying to set the audio options is a pain because (obviously) everything is in Japanese. The movie itself looks and sounds great.

LarryH

Supporting Actor
Although I am quite satisfied with it, the fact the my purchase of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire ended up costing me over $50 means that I won't be importing anything else unless it's really, really, irresistible.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Cool news Efrain. Might have to check that one out. Harry Potter was rather expensive though....Mine was right at $38 shipped. Could have bought 2 for that here. Oh well. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks