BCI announces it's first 3 HD titles

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by JohnS, Jul 3, 2006.

1. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    Just read this. I haven't seen any of these titles, so I was wondering if anybody else has seen these titles or the ones they have planned for later this year.

The only draw back is that they are encoding them in 1080i, but still it looks like it's good news.

The ones I'm curious about are Golgo13 and Galaxina

BCI announcement

2. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

Golgo 13!? I didn't even know that was a movie, I just played the Nintendo game. (Which was awesome for the time).

Personally, I'm more intrested in the Army Of Darkness HD-DVD announcement half a page down.

3. ChristopherDAC

ChristopherDAC Producer

Nnn, the live-action Golgo 13, not one of the anime outings. [It was a manga, or Japanese comic book, to begin with.] Even if it were, it wouldn't have been enough to get me into the format, being (a) only one title and (b) not one I care about. Oh well, more waiting!

4. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    not for me.

i'll rent to give them a look is all.

5. Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott Lead Actor

Michael Elliott
    Here are a couple more news articles from DVDDrive-In.com

We just got this word from The Mark of Naschy Website: BCI has finalized a deal with a major rights owner of Spanish horror films to release in America six Paul Naschy titles on DVD. Included in the deal are two Amando de Ossorio titles, and one Leon Klimovsky film. Word is that HD anamorphic transfers are being prepared and that the releases will contain generous supplemental material. The Naschy titles are: NIGHT OF THE WEREWOLF (THE CRAVING), EXORCISM, VENGEANCE OF THE ZOMBIES, HUMAN BEASTS, HORROR RISES FROM THE TOMB, BLUE EYES OF THE BROKEN DOLL (HOUSE OF PSYCHOTIC WOMEN). The de Ossorio titles: NIGHT OF THE SORCERERS, LORELEY'S GRASP (WHEN THE SCREAMING STOPS). The Klimovsky title: DRACULA'S SAGA. More information to follow…

Above are the covers for BCI Eclipse's first two installments in their "Spanish Horror Collection," NIGHT OF THE WEREWOLF (aka THE CRAVING), and VENGEANCE OF THE ZOMBIES, both starring Spanish horror icon Paul Naschy. Both titles will be available on September 26th in both Standard and High Def, and extras are to be announced.

Apparently BCI are under the impression that those with the new players are willing to buy anything so they're releasing these titles day and date. Sales will determine if other titles will be released on HD. Rumor has it that previous Naschy titles were disasters when released onto SD so I'd be rather shocked to see these do well (on either format).

I've seen several of the titles and you'd have to be a die-hard Euro Horror fan to enjoy them. THE CRAVING is the best of the lot if you enjoyed the previous six or seven Naschy/werewolf films. VENGEANCE is one of the worst films ever made but I'd recommend it if you REALLY want to own everything released to the format. [​IMG]

6. Steve Phillips

Steve Phillips Screenwriter

I'll be all over the Naschy titles. I can't wait!