What's new

BC Residents: What are some ideas for spring-break getaway? (1 Viewer)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Me and my friends wanna plan a spring break getaway somewhere in the lower mainland, anybody got any ideas?

Currently i have Strathcona, and Whistler (Hostel) for ideas... what else?

Remember this is a group of 15 or so teenagers (16, 17 year olds), so nothign too far...

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
I'm coming out west for reading week. (mid february)

gonna be staying with some buddies at UBC.

I'm open to suggestions too (a bit older, 20's)

*edit* sorry to poach your thread nick, answer his request first:b

Scott A.

Agent
Well, It depends on what your into...

If it's skiing there's always Sun Peaks at Kamloops or if you want to travel a little further Panorama at Invermere, but if your goin to travel you might as well just go to Lake Louise and ski with the big boys. If you've really got to stick close to home there's Cyprus Bowl, but that may be too close to home.

If your looking for a resort to hang out at there's a few good choices: Manteo Beach Resort in Kelowna is pretty swank, they have some nice beachfront condo's there but the lake is still a bit cold to use in March. A lot of folk used to head for Kelowna at spring break, I assume they still do. There is also Salty Spring Resort on Salt Spring Island, It's a also pretty nice.

You could hit one of the Hot Springs for a couple days, there's a gazillion of them.

If your into Kayaking or canoeing head up to Squamish, Howe sound is great for this.

You could go the other way and hit the Island. Tofino or Uculet are pretty cool if your into the hiking thing. I'm not sure if they have Whale watching going on at that time on year or not though. There's also Cowichan lake, some nice day hikes in that area.

There's also some good splunking for novice cavers on the island. At Horne Lake caves, among others you can hire a guide. If your going inland Cody Caves north of Nelson used to have a guide service, they probably still do but I'm not sure if they'll be open for the season yet.

I could list off a bunch of places to hit for the "night life" but that's probably not your main concern.

What are you into?

S.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks