BC Canada dealer for Philips

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Henry Ferris, May 20, 2002.

1. Henry Ferris

Henry Ferris Auditioning

Anyone know a BC Canada Philips dealer for the new dvd player 962. I can not find anything through the Philips dealer search. Thanks Henry

2. stephen_z

stephen_z Stunt Coordinator

Sorry Henry, no information for you. Just an opportunity to vent about the lack of response provided by Philips when trying to get some basic information. No responses from multiple phone calls or e-mails to customer service (I did actually talk to someone in their media relations group, only because there was an actual phone number from a press release). Their website is pretty inaccurate. I tried to find out where and when the new DVD962SA would be available, but only a couple of retailers were listed when you use their "where to buy?" button. Customer service provided a few more names, but they were all retailers aspiring to the low-end (Sears, Best Buy, Costco).

3. PatrickM

PatrickM Screenwriter

Henry, you'll find that for consumer electronics in Canada, Philips is all but non-existant for some reason. I've been looking for certain Philips items to no avail. Try finding a Pronto which should be easy. Typically you can get the sister product from Marantz but that's about it.

Good luck.

Patrick