What's new

BBC Spring Summer releases (1 Viewer)

Kevin Pask

Auditioning
With the recent Golden Globes shining a bright light on the series, I wonder how BBC is going to package the Christmas episodes of "The Office".

It's not like the would sell them as a separate set.

Could they?

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member

Well it'd be odd if the BBC did, as it was a Merchant Ivory production in association with Channel 4 (a rival Brit TV company and commercial as well).

Sorry, that sounded a bit snide, though it wasn't intended to be. There *is* going to be a new version of Room With A View as part of the series of Merchant Ivory movies currently being released on DVD (in conjunction with Criterion, no less, although I don't think they carry the Criterion logo - see the Criterion website for more info).

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
Who in the states has good prices on these sets? I got my "Singing Detective" from Deep Discount DVD" but they don't carry everthing. Any other good vendors out there?

Thanks,

Deborah

Andrew D F

Stunt Coordinator
A couple of points:

1) Channel 4 is not a commercial television station, although it is funded by commercial revenues. It is a public corporation created by government statute, much like the BBC, but specifically created to be a source of public service broadcasting distinct from the BBC. It does not have shareholders, it does not have owners (except for the UK government) and all of it's programing is strictly regulated.

2) BBC Films took ownership of parts of the Film Four catalog when Film Four was being wound up as a going concern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks