What's new

BBC defective disc replacement (1 Viewer)

Jeff Swearingen

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff
I purchased the Fawlty Towers 3 disc set back in April. I just got around to checking disc 3 this week and found it defective. Of course, Best Buy would not help with an exchange because it was outside their 30 day period. BBC America's website gave me the response of "we advise you to return it to the retailer you purchased it at."

Does anyone have a lead on how to get this disc replaced now without having to go purchase the single disc again? Please no comments about being sure to spot check each disc when you buy it. I've learned my lesson, now I just need to get it fixed.

Jeff Swearingen

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff
I purchased the Fawlty Towers 3 disc set back in April. I just got around to checking disc 3 this week and found it defective. Of course, Best Buy would not help with an exchange because it was outside their 30 day period. BBC America's website gave me the response of "we advise you to return it to the retailer you purchased it at."

Does anyone have a lead on how to get this disc replaced now without having to go purchase the single disc again? Please no comments about being sure to spot check each disc when you buy it. I've learned my lesson, now I just need to get it fixed.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
It looks like you are stuck. You probably shouldn't look for a store near you that only has one copy left, buy it, check it out for damages, then return the most damaged discs to them and get either cash back or store credit because they can't replace it on the spot. That would be dishonest...

Tory

Real Name
Tory
It looks like you are stuck. You probably shouldn't look for a store near you that only has one copy left, buy it, check it out for damages, then return the most damaged discs to them and get either cash back or store credit because they can't replace it on the spot. That would be dishonest...

Michael Sliger

Second Unit
Jeff, did you email [email protected] about the issue? That is supposedly where bbcamericashop.com is routing their tech support problems sometimes, but perhaps they didn't in your case. There was a large problem with some bad batches of Doctor Who DVDs in March. People were asked to send messages to that address if they were having read problems, but I do not know if they were sending out replacement disks.

It isn't likely, but Warner Home Video (BBC Video's distributor in the US) may be able to help you as well.

E-mail address: [email protected].
Phone Number: (800) 364-6928

Michael Sliger

Second Unit
Jeff, did you email [email protected] about the issue? That is supposedly where bbcamericashop.com is routing their tech support problems sometimes, but perhaps they didn't in your case. There was a large problem with some bad batches of Doctor Who DVDs in March. People were asked to send messages to that address if they were having read problems, but I do not know if they were sending out replacement disks.

It isn't likely, but Warner Home Video (BBC Video's distributor in the US) may be able to help you as well.

E-mail address: [email protected].
Phone Number: (800) 364-6928

Tory

Real Name
Tory
I had a problm with Dr. Who Tomb of the Cybermen and and they pretty much blew me off.

Tory

Real Name
Tory
I had a problm with Dr. Who Tomb of the Cybermen and and they pretty much blew me off.

AndrewR

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Rubio
I sent an e-mail to the above BBC e-mail about the faulty Who DVDs (Seeds of Death & The Three Doctors) and got a response the next day. They had me send the DVDs back and I had my replacements by the following week.

About a month ago, I noticed a crack developing on the hub of my Daleks Invasion of Earth (Disc 1). I e-mailed again and they sent me a new copy without me having to send the "faulty" one back.

So I guess it depends on who you talk to. They've been very helpful in both situations, especially about the Daleks Invasion of Earth problem.

Give it a shot.

Andrew

AndrewR

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Rubio
I sent an e-mail to the above BBC e-mail about the faulty Who DVDs (Seeds of Death & The Three Doctors) and got a response the next day. They had me send the DVDs back and I had my replacements by the following week.

About a month ago, I noticed a crack developing on the hub of my Daleks Invasion of Earth (Disc 1). I e-mailed again and they sent me a new copy without me having to send the "faulty" one back.

So I guess it depends on who you talk to. They've been very helpful in both situations, especially about the Daleks Invasion of Earth problem.

Give it a shot.

Andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks