What's new

BB Pioneer 4351HD Plasma. Worth it???? (1 Viewer)

Mitch_T

Auditioning
Just came back from a random trip to BB and the Plasmas caught my eye this time and now I am seriously contemplating getting one. Problem is, I don't know a whole heck of alot about plasmas, but from what I have read here and on AVS the past few hours and general knowledge.

I am looking at the Pioneer 4351HD. The 43" size would be perfect for where I need to fit it, so upgrading to a 50" is not an option. Mainly, what I want to know is: Since I have Directv, but no HD service, will my picture look like crap? I use S-video to my receiver from the satellite box , then component to my tv. HD might be an option a couple of years down the line, but in the immediate future, it isn't likely. I have read here and there, that if you don't feed the tv a HD signal, the quality of the picture degrades greatly. I watch about 70% Directv and 30% movies. I have now a 34" widescreen Sony Wega and I love it, but would like to have a bigger picture.

I sit 10' away from the tv. I was also looking at the Samsung and Toshiba 42" tvs that are only HD capable, but $1500 cheaper. If I am not going the route of HD yet and not for a couple years, what would suite me best for upgrading my tv for my watching preferences? What about EDTVs?

Any and all help is much appreciated.

Thank you........

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
I saw that one (they just started to carry it). Beautiful picture on HDTV.

I have not seen it preform on less than perfect material, but knowing the reputation these displays have, I bet they will still look good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks