What's new

BB Phillips 40GB Tivo DirectTV for $99.99 (1 Viewer)

John Robert

Stunt Coordinator
BB has this unit in store and online for $99.99. I asked and was told there was no required rebate or activation. I bought a Hughes unit with similar specs there 6 mos ago for $249.99, so I'm not sure why the price is so low. Once you've gone Tivo, it's hard to go back to regular tv...

Kevin Stewart

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Stewart
The price was lowered a couple of weeks ago actually and different chains are getting on board slowly. After 10/17, I believe that all 35 hour Directivo's will be $99 for new and existing customers. CC has had them at $99 for a couple of weeks ($49 with the now expired rebate).

Stew

ChrisClearman

Second Unit
actually
Prices are for new residential customers only. DIRECTV activation and subscription are required within 30 days of purchase. Limit 1 per household.
I am a current customer and DirecTV will send me one from their site for the $99 + $15 S/H. I just wanted to save $15 and the time and pick it up in person at Best Buy.

Also, my current dish is not dual LNB, but I have a spare dish in a closet that is Dual LNB. Also, I could always just split the signal from a single LNB..I'm sure it's the same.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
A lot of existing customers have reported over at Tivo Community about getting the $99 BB price. Actually, some online vendors have dropped the new customer prices down to $49.

I answered your splitting question here.

-Robert

Bill_Brad

Auditioning
Do I need to make a contract if I buy this. I prefer to live month to month with things such as these.
EDIT: also is there anyway to get arround needing a credit card. I recently put all of mine in the freezer and don't feel like thawing them :)

Dan B

Screenwriter
Bill, we just hooked up our Tivo service yesterday w/ DirecTv & they gave us the option of credit card or monthly bill in the mail. Not sure if it's different with a stand-alone Tivo.

And BTW we like it a lot so far! It's definitely a must-have item in my opinion.

Now I'm just waiting for the high-def DirecTV video recorder with Tivo to come out. I think I've learned my lesson though...I'm going to wait 6 months or so for the price to drop! (we also paid $250 for our Tivo a couple of months ago)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks