1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Bay Area HDTV

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MikeM, Feb 16, 2001.

1. MikeM

MikeM Screenwriter

After reading a post here about digital KICU 36 in the Bay Area, I checked the Titan TV listing for all the Bay Area Digital TV Stations, and I didn't even see KICU listed. They list:
    ABC24KGO-DTNow Available
    CBS 29KPIX-DTNow Available
    FOX 56KTVU-DTNow Available
    IND12KNTV-DTNow Available
    NBC57KRON-DTNow Available
    PBS 30KQED-DTNow Available
    UPN 45KBHK-DTNow Available
    WB 19KBWB-DTNow Available
    Just curious, are there any other digital stations besides KICU 36 that are available in the Bay Area, and NOT listed above? (Don't get me wrong, that's a nice list, just want to know if others are available)
    ------------------
    Mike McGee, Inaka Software
    Inaka Software Coupon List

2. orestes

orestes Second Unit

MikeM - I get KICU 36 analog, 36-1 KICU-DT, 36-2 KICUCDI or something like this (I will correct this when I get home if I am mistaken, and 52-2 also has KICU digital. So I am wondering if your list is really really correct and if 24 KGO-DT is actually more like 24-1 or so. The same goes for the others. I am getting 36-1, 36-2, and 52-2 at a signal strength of 95% - almost 99% since I raised my RS double-bow tie antenna at about 7 feet from the floor. I checked digital channel 29 but since it only shows about 24% strength or lower, I cannot pull it 29 or maybe 29-1 at all. I just get a black screen. UPN if it is on 45, I just get about %6 nothing higher. Nothing else for any of the other stations.
    I also wonder why I am getting a strong signal for KICU, but almost nothing for the others. Aren't all these signals coming from the same place? Shouldn't I get one and then all the others? Can someone explain why this work this way? Thanks.
    Sincerely,
    orestes.

3. orestes

orestes Second Unit

BTW, I just went to PBS Digital, and KQED - San Francisco, CA is listed as being digital too. However, it is not listed above either.
    Take a peek at http://www.pbs.org./digitaltv/ to find out more.
    Sincerely,
    orestes.

4. orestes

orestes Second Unit

Sorry, my mistake! I take it back.....orestes. :-(