What's new

Bay Area GameCube camping? (1 Viewer)

Peter Miller

Agent
Anyone in the Bay Area (I'm in San Jose) going to be camping this Saturday night should they not get a GC early?
I'm thinking about hitting my local Fry's or Wal-Mart. Seems like they are going to be getting the bulk of the GC's.
------------------
Peter Miler
Pete's Movie Page
http://www.petesmoviepage.com/

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
I'm sorry, but that PlanetGamecube story just sounds really suspect to me. Sounds like wishful thinking without any solid facts. Nintendo has not authorized early sales of the Gamecube, period.
And Pete: Call around to Campbell and Sunnyvale Fry's, along with the other B&Ms in the area. The first person who doesn't give you the famous Fry's "i dont' know what you're talking about" runaround is your sure bet. Although Fry's probably treats their new console shipments with reverence, their DVD and videogame shipments are always notorious late and anemic.
I don't forsee any problems procuring a cube on opening day.
Joseph

Peter Miller

Agent
I know what you mean about Fry's. It is looking like most Wal-Mart's around the country are opening at midnight on the 18th. I'm just wondering when people are going to start lining up.
------------------
Peter Miler
Pete's Movie Page
http://www.petesmoviepage.com/

Camp

Senior HTF Member
One very funny part of that Planet Gamecube article is how they recommend you, the consumer, tell the store management to "call their Nintendo rep" for an answer.
No offense to Nintendo reps, but Nintendo keeps them about 6 months behind. They know nothing. Their job is to clean kiosks and install POP signs. No part of their job is distributing Nintendo information or corporate launch strategies.

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Just to let you guys know, my local Wal-Marts are selling the Cube at 7:00 AM on Thursday. So I think this story has some merit.
-Dean-
------------------
My HT Equipment
"I've seen you and you are not cool."

Corey Hancock

Stunt Coordinator
I posted this over on the hardware site, but I went to a local TRU and they said they will be selling them on the 15th.
Corey

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.