What's new

"Battlestar" movie - Universal and Glen Larson in talks (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

Yes, and the Battlestar release was presented in "Sensaround" (sp?) a supposedly awesome surround sound system, which didn't do much. I remember some very large speakers on the floor of the theater, but not much difference in the actual audio presentation.

David Forbes

Supporting Actor
My father took my brother and me to see a double feature of Midway and Earthquake in Sensurround. I don't think I've ever spent a longer period of time in a theater (before working in one, of course).

GregK

Screenwriter
If anyone wants some notes on how to tweak the original BSG DVD's 1.1 Sensurround mix to somewhat better approximate what was heard in theaters, let me know and I'll dig 'em up. ;)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

Yep, they made two kinds of old-school Cylon Centurians for that, and then utilized them for the Galactica finale. And then they made action figures of them. You get a better look at them as action figures than you do in the show itself.

(There is also another version of that which has a different belt, and extra skirt-thing on the front -- and is an exclusive to one retailer. They will also be making a battle damaged version later this year, and a gold one too.)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Not being a fan of the recent incarnation of the series, I say good deal! Very excited about the 3rd redo. If Star Trek is the huge hit I'm predicting, then I think this might actually be a possibility, and Universal's recent "not gonna happen" be damned!!

Retro sci fi (sy-fy?) is coming back in a big way!!

juris

Auditioning
Real Name
John

Do you have a link for that? Thanks.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks