What's new

Battlestar Gallactica delayed indefinitely? (1 Viewer)

Rob T

Screenwriter
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news.htm
Battlestar Galactica (DVD): Various people pre-ordered the "Battlestar Galactica - The Complete Collection" DVD set from EzyDVD in recent months. The entire series was set to score a release in Australia months before anywhere else in the world, however both it and other international version have been consistently delayed. Now, the following statement just came through which'll disappoint hard core sci-fi fans: "We regret to inform you that Universal Pictures has delayed this title indefinitely at this stage. As there is no word of a pending release date anytime soon, we have decided to remove this title from our website. In light of this we have had to cancel your pending order for this title".
This doesn't look too good for the R1 sets. :frowning:

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
It means nothing for the R1 sets. It just means that they don't want to keep all these orders open.

The discs will be shipping in or around September 2003 from what I'm hearing

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
I got the email cancelling the order as well. but since the R1 version was announced, I was planning on at least seeing whether there was any difference between the two, before deciding whether to get R1 or R4, so I'm not really that concerned right now.

the sceptic in me also thinks that due to all the additional work being done on the series now, the final price might be significantly higher than the pre-order prices that we are "locked in" at, so ezydvd would cancel now, on the pretext of delay, and start taking orders again later this year at a new higher price.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
is Sept. the target date for the new sci-fi channel series ?
when i heard they were cancelling the R4 sets, i figured they were going to tie a release in with the new series...which i don't think has gone beyond the script stage yet.

i read a synopsis for the intro mini-series and thought it sounded promising.
might be some fun stuff with this property down the road.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
September is the 25th Anniversary, the miniseries won't air till around this time next year

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Posting to support Jeff: he's right, this thing at DarkHorizons has nothing to do with the R1 release. Except that maybe the content of the R4 release will be superceded by making it identical to the R1 release. But then, that speculation has been running rampant since the R4 version was first delayed, way back when.

Universal is being tight-lipped about all their TV-on-DVD releases. But Galactica in R1 *does* appear to be coming, folks! I'll never say anything in this business is a for-sure thing, but this is probably rather airtight.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks