Battlestar Gallactica delayed indefinitely?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rob T, Jan 14, 2003.

1. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news.htm

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

It means nothing for the R1 sets. It just means that they don't want to keep all these orders open.

The discs will be shipping in or around September 2003 from what I'm hearing

3. Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming Producer

Yee Ming Lim
    I got the email cancelling the order as well. but since the R1 version was announced, I was planning on at least seeing whether there was any difference between the two, before deciding whether to get R1 or R4, so I'm not really that concerned right now.

the sceptic in me also thinks that due to all the additional work being done on the series now, the final price might be significantly higher than the pre-order prices that we are "locked in" at, so ezydvd would cancel now, on the pretext of delay, and start taking orders again later this year at a new higher price.

4. Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott Lead Actor

is Sept. the target date for the new sci-fi channel series ?
    when i heard they were cancelling the R4 sets, i figured they were going to tie a release in with the new series...which i don't think has gone beyond the script stage yet.

i read a synopsis for the intro mini-series and thought it sounded promising.
    might be some fun stuff with this property down the road.

5. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

September is the 25th Anniversary, the miniseries won't air till around this time next year

6. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Posting to support Jeff: he's right, this thing at DarkHorizons has nothing to do with the R1 release. Except that maybe the content of the R4 release will be superceded by making it identical to the R1 release. But then, that speculation has been running rampant since the R4 version was first delayed, way back when.

Universal is being tight-lipped about all their TV-on-DVD releases. But Galactica in R1 *does* appear to be coming, folks! I'll never say anything in this business is a for-sure thing, but this is probably rather airtight.

7. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

good to hear that R1 is still coming then
    [​IMG]