What's new

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: The Complete Epic Series (1 Viewer)

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
I thought matting Cylon fighters over stock footage from Earthquake was clever at the time. That footage was in all the early promos and made it look like Earth was going to get invaded! Pity it was a fake out. ;)
The flying cycles were actually built for an unfilmed episode of the original series.

Rodrick

Second Unit
Yes just checking my Discs in the original box, that they were too tight but now mine are looser now and fall out. The middle rings after usage they crack, I put mine in these dvd envelopes you can purchase. I then put the discs in the head box.

I noticed Walmart has the HEAD 2 are in stock. But they sold out of the newer boxsets of this series. I wanted to see what the newer box looked like.

Is it smaller and in better cases?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Sorry, but IMO if "the Return of Starbuck" was the best Galactica 1980 had to offer (and it was!), the show is still not worth releasing on DVD. Even that episode suffered from bad writing and repetitive production values, despite another solid performance by Dirk Benedict. I have no doubt that G:80 will be on DVD at some point (probably sooner rather than later with the new Galactica set to end next year), but that doesn't mean it still isn't a show better left forgotten.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
If Glen Larson and the other parties involved did a commentary track about all the things that went wrong, it would have some educational value on how not to revive a cancelled series! ;)

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
Yes, the Starbuck episode was the best thing about G:1980, because it was the only episode to come close to the quality of the original series. I enjoyed some of the other episodes and I know the series is bad but I still found it to be fairly entertaining.

Karl B

Grip

Having recently managed to but this set and have it arrive today, must say I'm slightly annoyed that, despite careful sanding of the hub catches, disc 6 still cracked upon removal.

Now as I'm in the UK, and it was bought from Amazon marketplace, to be honest, the cost and hassle of returning it would be a right bind.

So I was wondering, does anyone have a customer care e-mail for Universal? I checked their website, and read about the disc exchange they do, but that only applies to the US. What happenes to those of us elsewhere?

Secondly, a question to those like Jon who had this problem - have the cracks on your discs worsened in time since playing them?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks