What's new

Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Epic...Announced! (1 Viewer)

Kenneth English

Second Unit
So you get $10 off the box set if you buy the BATTLESTAR GALLACTICA movie DVD? But isn't the movie just the first few episodes cut together? Wouldn't that mean you'd be paying to see some of this series twice? I don't understand... :confused:

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
Finally!

When I first saw this series, it was constantly pre-empted and it drove my dad and I nuts. One time we tuned in to watch and they shoved it aside to show figure skating instead! Dopes.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Ah yes, sports murdering SciFi is not a new phenomenon. Remember kids. Every time your show is pre-empted by unneccessary sporting events complain. Complain BITTERLY and endlessly so much they are sick of hearing you. Picket the team and the station.

Peter Mazur

Second Unit
I don't get the complaining of the price for this set. If I'm not mistaking, this is the same MSRP that the Star Trek season sets are. I for one am just glad to have one of my beloved childhood memories available.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I don't get the complaining of the price for this set. If I'm not mistaking, this is the same MSRP that the Star Trek season sets are. I for one am just glad to have one of my beloved childhood memories available.
It's lower, actually. By $30.

Same comparison to X-Files price.

No complaints here.

Frank@N

Screenwriter
There is also a PS2 BG game in the works.

One blurb I saw indicated they would be using the original actors for vocals.

Think it's coming out for Christmas.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yikes, what is Universal thinking with the price of this set. Maybe $59.00 but not double that. Not with newer shows like Nypd Blue that you can pick up for $30. I like BG but i will prob hold off as well.

Brandon Gantt

Second Unit
I noticed that the official press release doesn't mention commentaries, which had been reported on the TvShowsonDVD site. Does this now mean there won't be any?

Britton

Screenwriter
The price may not be the greatest, but at least there won't be any other season boxed sets. Well, I guess that's not exactly true there was Galactica 1980.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Jeff. Brandon, someone at Universal saw our initial article based on the consumer site's information, and was kind enough to send us a preliminary list of supplements. He DID caution us that this was not necessarily final. But if commentary tracks have already been recorded, I can't imagine why they wouldn't use them. It's not like they'd have many more chances to do so!

On the other hand, the press release mentioned that the Glen Larson interview also included various cast members. I suppose that there is a potential that no commentaries were ever recorded, and that someone confused interviews with commentaries.

On the third hand, if you're producing a DVD and are going to gather the original cast, wouldn't you record both commentaries AND interviews? :)

And about the price: it's comparable to 7-disc sets of X-Files or TNG/DS9 listing for $150. Heck, on the Treks there was at least 1 season in each show that went for the same price yet had only 6 discs. Galactica has 6 discs for $30 less. Discounts taken into consideration, it ought to come to an even bigger gap.

Hey! Just had an idea! What if "Return of Starbuck" shows up on a Best Buy bonus disc? :laugh:

Okay, was all that rambling I just did confusing enough for you? Heh. Well, the set is up for preorder now at Amazon, DVDEmpire, and DVDPlanet. Nice convenient links for you here, where you'll also now find a disc-by-disc breakdown of the episodes (also consider it preliminary until the final discs are produced...but I can't imagine that it could be different from this AND be in order; I'm just a tad worried about Disc 1's being jam-packed, though):

Disc 1 (3 Hours 58 Minutes):[*]Saga of a Star World (triple-length pilot)[*]The Lost Planet of the Gods (parts 1 & 2)

Disc 2 (3 Hours 15 Minutes):[*]The Lost Warrior[*]The Long Patrol[*]The Gun on Ice Planet Zero (parts 1 & 2)

Disc 3 (3 Hours 14 Minutes):[*]The Magnificent Warriors[*]The Young Lords[*]The Living Legend (parts 1 & 2)

Disc 4 (3 Hours 16 Minutes):[*]Fire in Space[*]War of the Gods (parts 1 & 2)[*]The Man with Nine Lives

Disc 5 (3 Hours 16 Minutes):[*]Murder on the Rising Star[*]Greetings from Earth (parts 1 & 2)[*]Baltar's Escape

Disc 6 (2 Hours 27 Minutes):[*]Experiment in Terra[*]Take the Celestra[*]The Hand of God

Blu

Screenwriter
The Return of Starbuck would be a great addition!
That was a great episode although it was the 1980 series.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
David, I will be very upset if disc 1 doesn't also include seamless branching to presidential speeches :)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The original broadcast of the pilot was interrupted in the middle in most markets for a speech by then-President Carter. I forget the exact subject matter, but I know people with Betamax recordings of it ;)

RickGr

Second Unit
NO it was the Egypt/Isreal peace accord which has held up for almost 30 years. A rareity in the med-east.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone have or can tell me where I can see the "The Second Coming" trailer Richard Hatch made? I can't get to the conventions he is at.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Hey! Just had an idea! What if "Return of Starbuck" shows up on a Best Buy bonus disc?
:frowning:

Then us overseas fans would get shafted, since for obvious reasons I can't walk into Best Buy and buy the set.

If they're going to include it as an extra, for goodness sake get it in the set first-time around, and not as an "exclusive" to one particular retailer.

I'm still cheesed off with the Message From Moonbase Alpha fiasco, A&E will only sell it on their own site, but they don't ship overseas, leaving us in the lurch. Humph.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks