What's new

Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Epic...Announced! (1 Viewer)

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
maybe it stands for "Immelman Manouver"
I certainly hope not. Any fighter pilot that needs an automated button to execute an Immelman shouldn't be flying a fighter. :)

Personally, I always thought that the "IM" on the flight yoke stood for "Impossible Move". Probably the button for the "braking flaps". :D

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Frac !

My Galactica set has to go back to Amazon. I get heave Breakup/Pixalization on Disk 2 Side 1 during the "Long Patrol" Episode. Tried on Two Players a Pioneer and a Toshiba, same thing. I'm just glad I kinda was getting to this semi quickly. First DVD Set I've ever had problems with.

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
Listen to the commentary by Benedict,Hatch and Jeffereson
This commentary is GREAT!

Dirk Benedict is hilarious especially his Wilfred Hyde White impressions and his memories of "spanking the monkey"! Great stuff!

All three actors seem to get on great! Which surprised me as I seem to remember that they fell out. Anyone know if they did fall out?

Eitherway, GREAT commentary track and Benedict especially is hilarious.

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
Hatch and Benedict have not had the best of relationships over the years. The interesting thing is both are the opposite of their characters. Dirk is more quiet and introspective, Richard a lot more outgoing.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
I finally watched "Remembering Galactica" last night. Nice retrospective. I was pleasently surprised to see Lance LeGault participating! I sure wouldn't recognize "Boxey" if I ran into him on the street!

I have two questions though...

1. Does anyone know what happened to Herb Jefferson Jr? His upper lip looks scarred ??

2. Does anyone know what ever happened to Maren Jensen? I don't know a great deal other than she just kind of disappeared...

Now I need to go back and listen to the commentary!! :D

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I too would love to know what happened to Maren Jensen. When I was a kid I had the biggest crush on her.

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
Not even the most diehard of Galactica fans, or even the rest of the cast, knows what happened to her. And there have been some real strange rumors over the years.

What we do know is that if Galactica had lived to a second season, she wasn't going to be back. In fact, she had already been let go from the series before the season ended, explaining her absence in the last four episodes.

As far as the Galactica babes go, I've always been more partial to Anne Lockhart. :)

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
As far as the Galactica babes go, I've always been more partial to Anne Lockhart.
Yeah...I was sorta partial towards Maren as far as which Galactica chick was the prettiest...until Anne came along.:b

Speaking of Maren--is it just my eyes, or did her facial complexion get lighter as the episodes went by? She looked a bit light-brownish (I almost thought that she--not necessarily her character--was half-black) in the first episode or two, but in later episodes it almost appeared as if she lost her tan or something to that effect.

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
With regard to Anne, if you think she was babelicious in Galactica, you should also see her in her "BJ And The Bear" guest shot as "Pogo Lil" (the only two episodes of that series I ever watched). :)

I know that Maren's boyfriend was one of the members of the group The Eagles, I think. The most bizarre rumor I ever heard surrounding what happened to her was that she spent time in jail for being implicated in some murder.

Believe me, we in the Galactica fan circles just haven't a clue. What is obvious after watching the DVDs to me as well as seeing the deleted scenes, Maren must have been ticked off that all but one of her best acting scenes were cut out of the pilot (the only one left in is the locker room scene with Starbuck) because truthfully she always just seemed like she was just going through the motions afterwards and that accelerated her reduction in screen time.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Maren's boyfriend at the time was Don Henley (of the Eagles). No answers here, and not even nude pics (as I know so many of you would like!), but here is a fansite put together by a female fan full of lots of pics of Maren Jensen, and an explanation like Eric's about the mystery of her absence.

I imagine she just decided to drop out of site and forget the whole Hollywood scene...maybe she's cloistered somewhere. I say let her be if she doesn't want the spotlight any more.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
Finally finished watching SAGA OF A STAR WORLD.

I enjoyed it tremendously. The scenes that are often cut out flesh the story out very well but the other cuts of the pilot are good too and have better pace.

The video quality is a little disappointing. I have a 34 inch Toshiba HD 16:9 and there was a LOT of video noise in most scenes. Close-ups tend to be better than wider shots, and the inconsitency is jarring at times.

Does the picture get better in later episodes?

The sound was serviceable and crisp. Not much use of the surrounds.

All in all I like the set. Great to have all the episodes on DVD. Can't wait to watch some of the extras.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
I'll have to check again, but doesn't "positive shield" mean that the shields are supposed to be raised (IOW, enabled)? I ask because I coulda swore that in "The Living Legend", I heard Lloyd Bridge's character (Cain) request "negative shield" to enable/raise the shields in preparation for the attack against the Cylon base ships.

Just some useless banter just to keep this thread alive...:D Boy I love rewatching all of the Galactica episodes!

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Not really the film elements in BG are really in rough shape it would need a massive restoration and even then the effect shots would still be like that becasue of techniqques of the time.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
I always thought "positive shield" meant to activate the shields (which covers the viewscreen/windshield), and "negative shield" would deactivate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks