Battlestar Galactica...slightly confused

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Arthur Legardo, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Arthur Legardo

Arthur Legardo Second Unit

Here's a stupid question...

Does the giftset, the one with the Cylon head, include the same episode(s) included in the other single disc version? I ask this because for some reason Amazon had a "special price" if you buy both together.

TIA

2. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

No, they are not the same exactly. The single disc is the movie version of the pilot, which was released theatrically, and has a different ending. The version in the box set is the same basic story, with is lightly different outcome.

The buy together feature at Amazon is just a random thing, based on what other people have bought. I don't think the price is any different than buying both separately.

3. Eric Paddon

Eric Paddon Screenwriter

"Different ending" is really a misnomer. The TV pilot has a tacked on scene that became necessary when it was decided to change a plot point from earlier in the story. The rest of the differences involve more than a half hour less of material in the movie version as opposed to the pilot (save for one 60 second sequence).

4. Barry Hebert

Barry Hebert Agent

Does anyone have an "exact" and "detailed" list of differences between the TV and MOVIE versions?

Besides the obvious missing "TV scenes", I seemed to have noticed other editorial differences. Some dialog is edited differently between the TV and MOVIE versions. It also appears that one or two scenes may have used different "takes" and/or alternate editing between the TV and MOVIE versions.

I'm tempted to run the two versions side-by-side for a comparison, unless of course someone has already done that and can provide details.

5. Dan Szwarc

Dan Szwarc Stunt Coordinator

6. Barry Hebert

Barry Hebert Agent

Thanks so much for that link! Lots of good stuff there.

A specific page from that site, "bgdiff.html", is exactly what I was looking for.

7. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

thanks for the link as well

very useful indeed

[​IMG]