What's new

Battlestar Galactica Season Boxed Set? (1 Viewer)

Chris_T

Stunt Coordinator
I have a question about the episode "War of the Gods". Close to the end of part two, when Apollo and Starbuck are searching through the wreckage of a ship the found on Count Ible's (sp?) planet, the find something. When Commander Cain's daughter (her name escape's me) finds them, they both tell her to stay away, but eventually let her see what they discovered. What exactly is it that they found? This has bothered me for years. Any help/info would be appreciated.

Chris

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
My thought had always been that it the wreckage of the Pegasus, and the remains of her father Commander Cain. Perhaps killed by Iblis. Or it could be Iblis human form before the demonic force possessed him.

Chris_T

Stunt Coordinator
Dave,

I always thought the same thing, but the lack of "emotional reaction" from Cain's daughter always left some doubt in my mind. If I remember correctly her reaction was somewhat sedate.

Chris

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Well Sheba was played by Anne Lockhart, daughter of June Lockhart from Lost in SPace. Don't confuse her with an award winning actress or anything

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
What was in the ship were members of Count Iblis' race in their true form (supposed to look like the devil)

There is a long running BSG urban Legend that footage of the cloven hoof sticking up was shot and edited at ABC's request. I have tlaked to all 3 of the people involved, and the footage was never shot. There are some mockups on the net of it, but they're all fakes.

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
The Cain in the wreckage theory is not true. Galactica story editor Terence McDonnell laid this to rest once and for all at the 15 Yahren Con in 1993. The idea was that they found Iblis' fellow demons.
And Dave, no trashing Anne Lockhart, whom I still have a crush on to this day! :)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was pretty popular knowledge at the time that the figures in the wreckage where the Count's people, the demons.

Didn't it get mentioned on a talk show or something vaguely "Entertainment Tonight"-ish at the time? Or maybe it was part of a segment on a local news broadcast.

Some help here...

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Well, as a proud owner of one of two known 35mm prints of the 3-hour pilot, I say:

BRING IT ON!

Mike

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
The idea was that they found Iblis' fellow demons.
Holy crapoolie! Thank you for the answer to this question!

David, common knowledge? Not in my child's brain at the time! ABC should have known that when you COMPLETELY REMOVE SOMETHING FROM THE STORY, the audience - especially youngsters - can't divine it out thin air!

At the time, I thought that the script probably said something important was in the wreckage (and it seemed that the wreckage was of course the Pegasus because of the line "something as big as a Battlestar must have made this impact") but I figured they ran out of budget to actually show anything, so it was all just unanswered and vague due to budget.

But the remains of cloven footed demons would have perfectly complemented the whole "flying crystals of higher powers" characters. Amazing that ABC would censor was now appears to be pretty standard Christian themes.

BTW, I keep hoping someone will start a coffee shop chain called "APOLLO'S" to compete with Starbucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks