Battlestar Galactica Season Boxed Set?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Calvin Watts III, Feb 15, 2002.

1. Calvin Watts III

Calvin Watts III Supporting Actor

Over at Dark Horizons,it has been reported that there is an upcoming Aussie release of a Battlestar Galactica season boxed set.
    Info is here:
    I hope that Universal (or whomever might have the current rights) will be doing the same thing here with a Region 1 release.
    Calvin

2. Eric Paddon

Eric Paddon Screenwriter

This series deserves a boxed set release, and complete at last. Universal has for too long held back the best episodes from VHS release ("Living Legend", "The Hand Of God").

3. John C

John C Stunt Coordinator

Hopefully Universal will release the boxed set here in the states. I'm also crossing my fingers for the "Sensurround" track on the first 3 eps from the edited theatrical version. The subwoofer channel adds quite a lot of whoomph to the mono soundtrack.

4. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Hmmm, they say "World Wide Release". That COULD mean R1 as well. No matter what, these discs are MINE!

5. Jimmy M

Jimmy M Second Unit

Oh yeah, Bring them on. I am already reserving a spot on my shelf for a R1 box...

Any idea how much AUS$189 is US Dollars?

Jimmy!

Fleeing from the VHS tyranny, the last DVD set, Galactica, leads a boxed set on a lonely quest. A shining spot in our collections!

6. Jeff Kleist

There's currency converter on the page, it comes out to a little under $100 after International Shipping

7. derek

derek Second Unit

OH PLEASE in R1 SOON!!!!!

8. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

This would be great, and a bargain, except it is PAL...[​IMG]

9. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

In what might be bad news for us in R1. The Digital Bits is also quoting the Dark Horizons post. But, they say that Universal still has no plans for a R1 release. Hopefully, that is just a smokescreen so as to still allow them to have the big pr announcement. Universal is one of the last holdouts for tv shows on dvd. Do their marketing guys even look at the trades. Haven't they read or heard about the success of tv show box sets on dvd.

10. Anthony Thorne

Anthony Thorne Supporting Actor

There may be no plans for a Region 1 release as of yet, but I'm sure it will come out there eventually. And I'm saying this as an Aussie who is awfully surprised to see a world-exclusive hitting our (usually lacklustre) local DVD market.

The Region 1 market is many, many times the size of Australia's Region 4 market. The math is pretty simple. If there's a way to make money off this set in the States, someone will find a way to do so. Having said that, Universal are the same folks who delayed BACK TO THE FUTURE on DVD for god knows what purpose, so I suppose nothing is set in stone...

11. Jeff Kleist

Bill and I are coordinating on a campaign for Universal. They didn't even know the set was coming out, which says to me it was a Universal Australia home brew project. HOWEVER they are willing to consider a release here, hopefully we'll have more details soon.
    In the meantime, express polite support at this link
    http://www.universalstudios.com/home...gi?email_id=10

12. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

Assuming Universal does go ahead with an R1 release, I have my doubts that the pricing will be anywhere near the Australian set, though I hope I am proven wrong. If this were an NTSC set, buying it would be a no brainer.

13. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

That's a great set, and I certainly will do my part to help it come to R1!
    It's a LOT better than the VHS set that was released in R2 areas, which is merely a collection of the 2-hour telemovies that were edited together for syndication from the original 1-hour shows.
    If it DOESN'T come to R1, then it will be time to finally break down and get that region-free player. This is a must-have item! SEE MY SIG!! [​IMG]
    Universal, what will it take?

14. Spero D

Spero D Second Unit

[​IMG]
    This is so cool to see we are getting something 1st here in Australia. As it says World Wide Release I would of thought that the R1 version would also be ready to go. I would prefer the R1 version due the PAL speedup, but if the R1 is far away its R4 for me.
    Spero D.

15. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Rated M for Mature Audiences only? Ok what's the joke, did they include some racey deleted scenes betweenStarbuck and Cassiopia inthe launch tube? Some Nude shots of the daggit ? What's all the Feldergarb?

16. Spero D

Spero D Second Unit

Looks like it says next to the M+ Low Level Course Language. Maybe on the deleted scenes or interviews?

Spero D.

17. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter

18. Jeff Kleist

19. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

Nice packaging.....C'mon Universal, what are you guys waiting for? Let's get this set for R1 ASAP!

20. Serega_M

Serega_M Agent

And I have the question about the Galactica's OAR [​IMG] At the Australian page they says that the AR of the disks will be 4:3 Tv standard. So - my question is - what is the ORIGINAL aspect ratio of the series? Was it shot really 4:3 having in mind that it is TV series, or as it was with "V" series - it was shot in widescreen for the possible theatrical run? Anyone have the true info about its apsect ratio? [​IMG] Would like to hear [​IMG]